Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How screwed am I.

So I just got my 2007 Honda Foreman ES, got it home two days ago, all excited. Went out to start it up this afternoon for my first real ride and I cant find the key. I am really hoping that it turns up but I have searched and searched and cant find it. Had it this morning when I unhooked the trailer (trailer had toungue lock and key was on same ring). Now keys are missing, best I can figure I may have left the keys laying on the bumper or tonneau cover of truck and they fell of when I went to pick up my son. Guy I bought it from only gave me one key because he couldn't find the other one.

Im guessing I can do something through a dealer but the closest one to me is two hours away and is a small dealership and I'm betting its going to be costly. I read a couple places about finding them on Ebay but I cant find anything on there specifically for a 2007 Foreman. Any help is appreciated, I really want to ride this coming weekend.

·
Registered
123 Posts
ya i lost my key i while back and if u go to a dealership it cost like $7 but if ur 2 hrs away ur gona spend more money in gas lol ....u might be able to send them a check and them sen the key to you or something like that but im not sure u could give a shot ..good luck

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well Im feeling a little bit better now. So even if I have no keys at all they can make one for me for ~$7, I just talked with a guy who told me that my local (local being the one 2 hrs away lol) does have the ability to cut keys there as he has had them copy a couple in the past but never made one without one to go by. If I were to find the right part, ignition switch and keys, on eBay or order is from a honda place how hard is it to change out, Im guessing not too hard but I'm not real mechanically inclined.

I know I can just call the dealer tomorrow and ask but I am super PO'd at myself right now and trying to get all the info I can.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Truegrit?

Truegrit I couldn't find it on Service Honda, I found just the ignition switch and/or just a key blank, is there a way to get them together, meaning two keys with a switch that will work without having to get someone to "cut" them.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I lost mine on a trip and went to a lock smith and had them cut me new keys with the # on the ignition switch cost me $25.00 but I got to ride that day

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Re: Truegrit?

QUOTE ("CountyMounty":3jtxoqc5)
Truegrit I couldn't find it on Service Honda, I found just the ignition switch and/or just a key blank, is there a way to get them together, meaning two keys with a switch that will work without having to get someone to "cut" them.
In there exploded view, they have the switch and keys encircled. That item number has the keys & switch. It was #10 or 11, if I remember correctly. I always call there to order anyway, then there should be no doubt.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Problem solved, easily

I called the dealer today and they said just get the code of the switch and they could make them. Since I am itching to ride I went right out got the code and drove 2 hrs to the dealer to get it done. Very easy process I gave them the code and 5 minutes and only $11 later I left with two keys in my pocket. Tried them out when I got home and both worked great. Of course it is a larger key then the OEM and no boot over they but hey they work. I asked the dealer how sure they were that they would work and they told me that as long as I gave them the right code they would work and if they didn't bring them back and they would keep making keys until they got ones that did work.

Also got a message from the person I bought it from today saying he found another key for it and would mail it up, so I should be all set....for a while.

·
Registered
175 Posts
You made sure to put the spare one in a safe place I bet.
I had 2 extras made when I picked my bike up two years ago,put one in a drawer,one in my truck glove box and one hidden on my bike.Taped to the wiring harness with black tape.Ya cant even tell its there.

·
Registered
182 Posts
hey does anyone wanna drive to florida to pick up a nice red foreman...the one pictured above^^^^. Comes with keys and all free!! i'm just kidding with you. I keep one key in my truck and one in my house.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Pit rooster????? LOL

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just a joke,Been a lot on the news lately about pit bulldogs,so why not a pit chicken-lol.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.