Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The other day my dad moved our ATV'S out of the garage to let some of the snow melt off and said he found a spring on the ground underneath one. We have a 06 Foreman 4x4 and an 06 Rubicon 4x4. I can't find out where it might have come from. I know there are some people here that know these machines inside and out better than the engineers that built them it seems. Would like to find out where it goes by Christmas day because I am sure there will be a few kids that want sled rides and make sure everyone is safe and I don't cause any damage to a bike.

Thanks in advance.

I have attached a picture. On one end of the spring the hook is opened more than the other and I believe it might be bent open to far and that is why it fell off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yeah it looks like the spring for the foot break. it should be on the back right tire on the brake drum. I think its what turns the brake lights on.

·
Registered
589 Posts
yeah if u pull the panel off to get to the pull start look down and u should see two springs one big one with some rubber around it and a smaller one right under it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went out today and tried the foot brake on them. On the Rubicon the brake lights didn't come on when you push down on it. Guess that's the one it fell off.

·
Registered
33 Posts
yeah that spring is for the break lights. your breaks still work without the spring but the lights dont. I took mine off and put it back on the other day

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.