Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am blindly trying to determine if I have an issue with the splines on the right front cv axel, an issue with the splines in the Dif, or no issue at all. Here’s my situation. If I raise my 400 foreman (all 4 wheels), start the bike and hold the left front wheel tight while giving light throttle the wheel wants to pull but I can forcibly stop it a while the right front wheel spins. Good. If I do the same while holding the left front wheel there is almost no resistance resistance at all. I can simply place my pinky on it to stop it. I’ve tried this in both forward and reverse with no difference. Also, if I turn the left front wheel by hand the rear wheels want to engage, but if I turn the right front wheel by hand the rear wheels aren’t really engaging and the wheel seems to spin fairly freely (no grinding noises). I don’t have somone at the snap of my finger to help hold both wheels at the same time to see what results I get. Just wondering if the left axel is the more dominant over the right axel or if there is an issue before tearing it apart to diagnose?

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
Sounds like you might have stripped splines on the right front CV.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts