Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a highlifter lift kit on my 2005 Honda Forman 500ES and I want about 1 to 2 more inches of lift. Would a highlifter lift springs hurt my cv joint.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I dont think you will get any more lift out of the HL lift springs, maybe an inch of you are lucky. If you want some more lift, take the brackets from the lift kit, copy them but make them taller. Any additional lift will always create more stress on the driveline.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I've seen 1 lift kit that came into our shop for a CV boot ..The lift was higher than the normal 1" lift .. The CV joint had such a sharp angle that the ring that has to be removed to disassemble the CV joint wouldn't come out of the groove and when we finally got it out the balls wouldn't come out of their track because the axle itself was running on the outer part of the joint and had it mushroomed ..

We ended up putting a new axle in the bike ..

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
From what I have heard of the lift springs, all they are good for is eliminating/minmizing sag. Ecspecially when the racks are loaded.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My friend put them on his 03 Grizzly from HL and got no lift and a stiffer ride.Also the bike doesn't sit as low when he tows his ole lady around,he tells me he wasn't impressed by the purchase.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I got the HL Lift Springs on mine. All i got at the most was about
1 inch of lift. I can put mine right next to my wifes & it sits just a
tad higher. We have the same size tires & everything except she
she doesn't have the lift springs & i do. 1 inch is about all their
good for & a stiffer ride.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
We will send the bill .