Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been thinking about puting a lift kit on the foreman but people are telling me not to because it will ware the joints on the front axles and the u-joint in the rear.. Has anyone here had any trouble with lift's??

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have heard that too. But from what I remember it was only if you go over 2 inches. Altering anything stock will most likely make it wear out faster, but how fast if the question. I was wondering the same thing. Maybe somebody else will let us know for certain.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've had my 2" on now for little over a year and see no signs of wear. And honestly the angle of the CV's only changed maybe a 1/2" in degree. Go ahead everybody told me the same thing and I just decided I would see for myself. NO PROBLEMS at all.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE ("MSWRCR29":173a6n8u)
I've had my 2" on now for little over a year and see no signs of wear. And honestly the angle of the CV's only changed maybe a 1/2" in degree. Go ahead everybody told me the same thing and I just decided I would see for myself. NO PROBLEMS at all.
MSWRCR29 how many miles have you put on after the lift and how does it handle compared to stock?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've put on about 300 mi. and as far as the handling it really didn't change any. I put on the after market wheels before hand and it re tucked them up front but its not tipsy if that is your question. I feel little to no change. You could always get spacers though.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I took the rear lift off my bike it started making funky sounds from the rear diff/swingarm area

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i made a custom 1 1/2 for my old rubicon and i never had a bit of trouble with mine. i proubly had 1000 miles on it and everything was fine. the only wear i saw was, the cv's were wearing where they were bended. they were getting pretty weak when i sold it but all you had to do is replace them. like MSWRCR29 said, no chance in handling but after i put my 27" executioners on then the ride was really stiff, i had to stand up while riding on bumps but you get so used to it you dont even notice it.
-Aaron

·
Registered
266 Posts
I got my lift kit after the first time me and my wife got stuck. 5 days after we bought the foreman it had a lift kit 27" ITP 589's and a winch. I have had no trouble with the lift and don't have any problems. It's a good investment if you ask me! I give a lift kit 2 thumbs up and stock sucks any way go aftermarket

·
Registered
266 Posts
Man I like those skid plates I will get those thanks for the info.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Will my quad swing a set of 27in. bear-claws with out a lift or will they rub?

·
Registered
472 Posts
90% people dont have any problems running 27'S no lift, some people have very little problems with 28's and 29.5's

·
Registered
195 Posts
i got 27" mud lites and have no problem. close on the rear though

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.