Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We made it through another blizzard yesterday up here in northern Michigan. All road were shut down in our county, the county put out a robo call to everyone this morning that all roads were closed period. It been a long time since it was that bad up here... 60 mile an hour winds with tons of snow.. Just came in from snow-blowing with my 4x4 tractor, had 4 to 5 foot snow drifts..... hope spring comes a little early this year...

·
Registered
146 Posts
We made it through another blizzard yesterday up here in northern Michigan. All road were shut down in our county, the county put out a robo call to everyone this morning that all roads were closed period. It been a long time since it was that bad up here... 60 mile an hour winds with tons of snow.. Just came in from snow-blowing with my 4x4 tractor, had 4 to 5 foot snow drifts..... hope spring comes a little early this year...
Well we had the wind down here in the thumb but very little snow thankfully. Was waiting all day and last night for the power to go out but we were blessed. I do have a few more trees down back in my woods for next years firewood. Hope everything is OK up there now....

·
Registered
314 Posts
Keep on trucking brother, hope you have plenty of coffee and firewood and are staying warm.

I read another post, Bcsman must be your neighbor, was postponing working on his atv because he didn't have a heated garage. The first thing I would have is one of those forced air kerosene heaters.I have a big electric one for my garage and don't even need it but a few times a year but when I do, it's awesome. I've got my problems but sure glad that isn't one of them, lol.

P.S.........I wouldn't wish all that snow on nobody! :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
Keep on trucking brother, hope you have plenty of coffee and firewood and are staying warm.

I read another post, Bcsman must be your neighbor, was postponing working on his atv because he didn't have a heated garage. The first thing I would have is one of those forced air kerosene heaters.I have a big electric one for my garage and don't even need it but a few times a year but when I do, it's awesome. I've got my problems but sure glad that isn't one of them, lol.

P.S.........I wouldn't wish all that snow on nobody! :)
Nope he's a couple hundred miles north of me up in the "sticks".

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
been super windy here last 48 hours, 60-70+ mph winds, but no snow really this winter, and what has come, hasn't lasted more than a few days and then warm ups and rain, melted it, or made it into ice

one lousy winter here IMO
cold, warm, rain, , more rain, and more rain, and then sleet and ice, and I think ice is the worst, when everything has that 1/2 inch coating on it, roads,tree's everything, its terrible, and so hard to get rid of, or do anything with it!
at the mercy of temps warming up for it to melt, and this below freezing ever night and wild temp swing in day time, its as if it melts some, and just re freezes all the time
front of my place(shady part of my place) ice is a solid 2-3 inches thick, I can ice skate on it if I wanted, trying to get to my front door is down right dangerous LOL on a slope and a major slip and slide deal till it melts! LOL
I never really use that entry way, so, is OK with me, but its nasty this winter!

·
Registered
382 Posts
The wind howled for almost 24 hours, they clocked 88 mph at the ski resorts and had to shut everything down, never heard of that before. No snow here, but the the ground is saturated, lots of land slides/rock slides and trees getting uprooted. But overall, a fairly mild winter for us. Looking for 60°-70° by the end of March.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I wish we’d get some of that snow here in WV. We’ve had nothing but rain and ice all winter. My yard has a river running through it and a swamp in the backyard. It’s going to take a month of Sunday’s for it to dry up enough so I can mow it in the spring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Mid 50's here the last couple of days. I was sweating in a short sleeved shirt working outside.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts