Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey every one
  1. I have a 2018 Honda Rubicon deluxe and I told the dealer it wasn't running right from the start. Sometimes it almost feels like I have the brakes on when I first start driving it after letting it run for about 10 to 15 minutes, that's the first funky thing then I have a problem with my lights not working right as in I turn them on and then put high beam on then when I want low beam it shuts them all down but after a while it will start to work right, another problem is when using my back brakes it sounds terrible like lose everything is going to fall apart in the rear of the bike. Another good one is I can be in some water like half way up the tires and the bike shuts off and this happened to me like 4 times now and I'm not on any angles or anything just crossing water. Bike takes funny spells in the shifting, I can be driving along and it kicks itself into like a neutral then I'd half to stop and shut the bike off and turn it back on and only SOMETIMES it will work right again, even have to shut the bike off and then turn the kill switch off and then turn the key on and it will let me shift to 3rd and that's it then turn the key off and slide the kill switch back and then turn the key on and start it up mind you it's aging me a flat line where it should show 3rd and off I go but still can't shift it's only good enough to get home. The dash will only she me the clock and the temp for a very short time and it only tells me speed SOMETIMES for frig sakes and even switches from km per hour to miles per hour on its own lol should this just be burnt, buried, or what lol.
  2. If anyone has the time to read all this and able to help that would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
142 Posts
Should have bought a manual shift...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got that right but I wanted that colour and the red shocks and A arms and that the only one I could get. I wasn't given the foot shift option with the deluxe model. But yes the foot shift is the way to go but I also had 3 Honda's with es' s before and never had a issue but this one is making up for the other 3 I guess Haha

·
Registered
196 Posts
lick your wounds , learn from your mistakes , get rid of it now ---- them red shocks and a-arms got you , eh !!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lick your wounds , learn from your mistakes , get rid of it now ---- them red shocks and a-arms got you , eh !!
Hahahaha well it was different then anyone else's bike around where I live so that's why I got it plus I did like it too so. Can't get rid of it yet I still have 3 years warranty left so I'll ride that out for now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Id take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it. No reason a brand new atv should do that. Tell em if they cant fix it switch it! Use that warranty like its a wax coat!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Id take it back to the dealer and tell them to fix it. No reason a brand new atv should do that. Tell em if they cant fix it switch it! Use that warranty like its a wax coat!
Yes you are so very right but I already tried going after them for my plastics but I had deleted some of the pictures by mistake but I still have one and the details on my phone even says the date and time which is not quite 2 hours after from where I bought it and what it was was stress marks in the plastics and it was a automotive body man that lives about a minute away from me. Honda won't stand up for it. Pissed me off because spending over 13g for a bike and it was dusty when they showed it to me at the dealer, then they washed it before I took it so I didn't really look at it then because I was just happy to have a new bike but this is what I get now. Had one Polaris and three Hondas and I'd say the this is the worst one so far mind you the Polaris gave me some troubles too lol. So now I'll just have to dook this out myself I guess well the warranty will be used for sure

·
Registered
196 Posts
Good luck with warranty , I hear more horror stories than happy ending lately , a friend of mine just took his Rubi Dee'lucks into Honda of ......... , La. for transmission problems under warranty , they told him it was going to cost $4,500 cause it wasn't covered , they said he cut the rubber seal of the engine oil filter when changing oil , that allowed the oil to not be filtered properly , they sent Honda pics and they denied it on him ---- he had to refinance it to pay for the engine job , now he owes a lot more than it is worth ---

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good luck with warranty , I hear more horror stories than happy ending lately , a friend of mine just took his Rubi Dee'lucks into Honda of ......... , La. for transmission problems under warranty , they told him it was going to cost $4,500 cause it wasn't covered , they said he cut the rubber seal of the engine oil filter when changing oil , that allowed the oil to not be filtered properly , they sent Honda pics and they denied it on him ---- he had to refinance it to pay for the engine job , now he owes a lot more than it is worth ---
Oh man that don't sound good and not fair for your buddy either. Honda should stand up for their stuff, they have a good name but then again they won't soon if they keep doing this kinda stuff. When I bought extra warranty I said I want 3 extra years and that was all fine and dandy until I got the contract in the mail and they dated it back to when i bought the bike but I bought the extended warranty at the end of my one year factory warranty so I got on the phone and they did fix it because I wasn't taking a no for it and said I **** well paid for 3 years I want 3 years so make it happen lmao and they sent me a new contract. So I did win one thing so far

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Insure it and have it mysteriously catch fire....
Lmao that's not the first time I herd that. I told people before that if she ever does I don't care how far from home I am I'll sit back and watcher go, hopefuly I have a few beer to drink while she goes up in smoke haha sit back and cross me feet

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have you tried a different dealer? I had an issue trying to deal with one dealer, switched to a different one and no more issues. The new dealer is worlds apart from the first one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Have you tried a different dealer? I had an issue trying to deal with one dealer, switched to a different one and no more issues. The new dealer is worlds apart from the first one.
That's a great idea and I thought about it but the next dealer is so far away. The closest dealer right now is a hour and a half one way. Then again I might have to suck it up and go to another one but that would be 3 hours one way so that's a bit of driving but ya need to do what ya need to do sometimes I guess

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Since the bird is out the cage on the smoke out , I wouldn't go that route , LOL
If your talking about it going up in smoke lol I'm not worried about that because I'm not going to do something stupid and try and burn it myself. I was talking about if something happens to it I'm not going to try and put it out because you know what you'll have if your wireing harness burns. I don't even have insurance on it so I'm crossing everything I have that it don't happen. I love the look of the bike and colour even have under glow that strobes and fades in and out runs by a remote, wack of colours put some nice single row led bar light on the front. One 14" and a 8" on each side of that and they follow the shape of the rack so it likes up pretty good. Did all the racks and bumper over so I'm not looking to lose my bike that's for **** sure

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
I would go find a dealer that can fix it or get the money back for the warranty. There's no reason to have warranty on it if your doing the work yourself or if they are not fixing it. Sounds like you have some simple electrical issues but it will take some knowledge and hands on inspection to find them. My 09 DCT Rancher has over 10,000 miles on it and it's only had the shift motor and angles sensor replaced once. It idles underwater many times in it's life.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I would go find a dealer that can fix it or get the money back for the warranty. There's no reason to have warranty on it if your doing the work yourself or if they are not fixing it. Sounds like you have some simple electrical issues but it will take some knowledge and hands on inspection to find them. My 09 DCT Rancher has over 10,000 miles on it and it's only had the shift motor and angles sensor replaced once. It idles underwater many times in it's life.
Oh man that great you had good luck and for me well I'll take it up and get it looked at and I'll just have to say fix it fix it and call me when it's done and if they give me troubles I'll be going up with my tap dancing shoes on and some boxing gloves lmho I don't have either just foolin haha

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh man that great you had good luck and for me well I'll take it up and get it looked at and I'll just have to say fix it fix it and call me when it's done and if they give me troubles I'll be going up with my tap dancing shoes on and some boxing gloves lmho I don't have either just foolin haha
I already had two **** ups with the dealer I got my bike from and I won one and they denied on another but I didn't give up yet on the battle I lots

·
Registered
196 Posts
I am not a Rubicon guy , just know a couple of people how have them and from what I have read , don't they have at least different versions , one is a foot shift version ( which is the good one ) , one is automatic and has 3 clutches in it and the newest one has a bigger engine , like 520CCs ????

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am not a Rubicon guy , just know a couple of people how have them and from what I have read , don't they have at least different versions , one is a foot shift version ( which is the good one ) , one is automatic and has 3 clutches in it and the newest one has a bigger engine , like 520CCs ????
Yes your right

1 - 20 of 23 Posts