Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a little experimenting this weekend and I thought I'd share since I've looked all over the internet for LED upgrades for the lower 2 headlights on my 2006 Foreman 500. Basically all I did was take the base from my stock light bulb and put it on a a cheap amazon LED headlight. I kept the LED bulb wattage down as to avoid getting a fan cooled one. Its tight for space and I just done thin a fan cooled bulb is a good idea on a wheeler. I pulled the glass bulb off of my stock bulb, cut the plug off, drilled a hole through the base to suit my new bulb and I think I have a winner. I had to remove the wiring from my new bulb so I could get the existing base on. A little bit of soldering and it will be good as new. I haven't put them in my wheeler yet but I will post pics when I do. Figured I'd get this out there quick to give people ideas since you can't purchase an upgraded replacement.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well did it work ? Looking to do the same thing. I was kind of thinking if you would cut the plug off of a junk car harness and solder the wires to the Honda ATV harness if you cut the special Honda ATV socket end off where you can straight plug and play

·
Registered
4 Posts
Has anybody else been able to rig up an led bulb to a 2008 Honda Foreman lower headlights. I already done the top light with an led it’s those aggravating specialized Honda plugs

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did a little experimenting this weekend and I thought I'd share since I've looked all over the internet for LED upgrades for the lower 2 headlights on my 2006 Foreman 500. Basically all I did was take the base from my stock light bulb and put it on a a cheap amazon LED headlight. I kept the LED bulb wattage down as to avoid getting a fan cooled one. Its tight for space and I just done thin a fan cooled bulb is a good idea on a wheeler. I pulled the glass bulb off of my stock bulb, cut the plug off, drilled a hole through the base to suit my new bulb and I think I have a winner. I had to remove the wiring from my new bulb so I could get the existing base on. A little bit of soldering and it will be good as new. I haven't put them in my wheeler yet but I will post pics when I do. Figured I'd get this out there quick to give people ideas since you can't purchase an upgraded replacement.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also noticed you only had two wires the foreman lower lights has three for high and low beam did you just cut one of the. Off or what

1 - 5 of 5 Posts