Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. i just figured i would post up what my father-in-law and i found out on the weekend. i start with why we did this. makes more sense. anyway when i purchased my ITP mudlites xl's for my 2007 rubicon my wifes uncle recomended that i go with 26" 12" 12" in the rear and 25" 10" 12" on the front. inquiring why he said that when honda came out with the selectable 2 or 4 wheel drive switch on the handlebar they changed ratio's and design. they now designed it to push the front end for easier steering. he also stated that the biggest complaint with aftermarket tires is that the steering was difficult. so with the wider tire and the frnot rim being 6" compared to the back which is 7.5", ballons the tire slightly and makes it taller. anywa after several people said B.S. to what he told me i decided to check with my F.I.L.'s and mine . his rear stock tires were 2.5" of circumfrence larger than the fronts at 4 psi all around. so art was right. we lifted mine and checked and with the 26"12"12" rear and the 25"10"12" fronts i have the exact same circumfrence as stock tires. the gearing didnt change at all. i have no problems with steering or power. and they seem aggressive enough for now. and i have had it up to 94 km/hr and hardpack. not bad. planning on pipeing ,jetting ,k&n and lift kit for better clearance. so may even get better perfermance.might cam it as well. oh and exhaust is hmf swamp series. well, enough babbling. just figured i would share.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have 27x12x12 mudlites in the back and 27x10x12 in front with a lift with no problems.

·
Registered
72 Posts
QUOTE ("PLUMBUM":1x2jv7ej)
hi. sorry i forgot to mention this is only with stock rims.

Ahhh i see. Thanks for the clarification. My buddy has 27in 589s on his stock wheels and they don't look like they are ballooned at all. I don't know the spec on all his tires, I will have to look into that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Tires on stock rims

I have ITP 27x12 on the rear and 27x10 on the front both on stock rims and the look great. No problems so far.

·
Registered
102 Posts
yea i have 27x12x12 rear and 27x10x12 front on stock rims with no problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.