Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used Can Am 380Watts motor!!! Never even needed to relocate Winch!!! Steer with a Finger and no Sluggish throttle response!!!!
  • SuperATV EZ-STEER Power Steering Kit for Can-Am Outlander (Gen 1) (2006-2012)
Click image to open expanded view

SuperATV EZ-STEER Power Steering Kit for Can-Am Outlander (Gen 1) (2006-2012)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
complete separate issue for some strange reason oil is very lightly dripping out under the header bolts so weird!! all accorn nut for locking down the head are tight!! totally weird!! anyone know why mabye?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
also another SWEET turn out on the power steeering install the turning radius turns much sharper than original!!! almost could call is a ZERO turn... LOL. not that close but so much tighter turn!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Whaaat? Lol wow that's crazy, first i herd of that mod. they turn sharp as it is my buddy always got upset on how i could wiggle through the trees and he was having to do three point turns. Anyway the issue of oil dripping off the exhaust bolts to me anyway would have to be a valve seal leak, the only way I can think it would happen. Could check oil pressure make sure it is not too high and forcing it though the seals but most likely just worn seal.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Oh, ya just make sure it's not just the valve cover gasket leaking running down and building up on the stud.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whaaat? Lol wow that's crazy, first i herd of that mod. they turn sharp as it is my buddy always got upset on how i could wiggle through the trees and he was having to do three point turns. Anyway the issue of oil dripping off the exhaust bolts to me anyway would have to be a valve seal leak, the only way I can think it would happen. Could check oil pressure make sure it is not too high and forcing it though the seals but most likely just worn seal.

sorry was not clear... the accorn nuts that tighten the head down, mabye there were supposed to be gaskets under the washers and previous owner never put them in...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, ya just make sure it's not just the valve cover gasket leaking running down and building up on the stud.

Yes I thought the same thing so I cleaned everything dry and started motor and a little dot of oil came and got bigger and bigger until it ran right down the cooling fins... I'm thinkin Maybe there was supposed to be gaskets under the washer's and the previous owner never put them on I tried tightening all for acorn bolts just to make sure they were tight on the head And I can't move them they're pretty tight..., im stumped its so weird... I'm also thinking possibly the acorn nut is bottoming out and the threaded shaft and it seems tight when it's really not but usually there is more than enough Room inside the acorn nut for that to never happen. Is there supposed to be washer's with gaskets under them?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If anyone wants instructions on the special modifications to make that kit work for a 2004 Honda Foreman trx 450ES just ask I'll send pictures. The coolest thing is the brand new generation model for easy steer is the 380 W motor Is fatter and a lot shorter makes it so your winch that is installed under the front end is not even an issue to install this new updated model plus has an updated motherboard or computer that mounts perfectly right under the winch plate it was almost as if it was meant for this machine. Only a couple of weldings needed And drop the oil cooler lower...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts