Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got 2000 Foreman S yesterday. Got it from a auction for $2300. It was a theft recovery. The battery was shot and the cover that goes over the display and headlight is gone. Tires almost new. Had schelacy (not spelled right im sure) stuff from the old gas in the tank. Started right up though after new gas. Stalled a couple times, but pretty sure carb was gummed with the schelac like gas. Once I cleaned it up havent had a problem yet. The only thing is reverse. I am not doing something right or its out. Cant find anything except on the display the R that thats next to N. Tried Shifting down past neutral, the N light goes out but no reverse. There is no owners manual and dont know to much about it. THX for any help.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
You may have done this, bu tin order for it to go into reverse, you have to push the red button down on the left brake handle then pull the brake in. Then downshift. If you have done that check the reverse cable, it ends on the backside of the motor.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dee, Dee, Dee

TNX. I was wandering what that was. I figured it had something to do with it, but couldent figure it out. I see how it all works now. Its all frozen now though. I was in some moderatly deep water earlier. Its only about 20 degrees out. We'll see what happens.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Welcome to the site and good luck gitten it going.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes it works. Took a while for it to get warm enough to move, but other than that works like it should. THX again, later.

·
Registered
194 Posts
welcome

cool

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome and Congrats on that foreman you got.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts