Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys it was a good day or was it ? Just picked up a 2004 Honda Forman rubicon 500 looks to be in fair shape for sitting in a field for 8-10 years gas tank busted for sure and the man said it would need breaks rear Berings and a carburetor . Where’s the best place to start on the road to recovery?

·
Registered
272 Posts
your location?

has it been frozen and thawed for the 8-10 years,

fresh oil for sure and what type of shape does the old oil look like?

pic of the rubicon would help some.

where is gas tank broke on the top or bottom?

oh and welcome

·
Registered
22 Posts
Replace all the fluids. Rebuild or replace the carb. See if you can make it run. I would consider that step one.
If you can't get it running you don't want to do brakes or bearings!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys it was a good day or was it ? Just picked up a 2004 Honda Forman rubicon 500 looks to be in fair shape for sitting in a field for 8-10 years gas tank busted for sure and the man said it would need breaks rear Berings and a carburetor . Where’s the best place to start on the road to recovery?
I’m in south Mississippi the oil looks good doesn’t smell burnt and the snorkel is cracked up and there’s coolant in radiator and battery dead there’s old gasoline in tank and looks like oil .
so I pulled front cap got tank off and snorkel out something to do with air breathing??? Oh yea when I disconnected fuel line from cob it was dry rotten and had black crap gonna clean tank replace hose fetch battery and go from there
Thanks I’ll send pic I hope

1 - 4 of 4 Posts