Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the plunge and my exhaust, jet kit, and K&N should be here this week. Only problem...I didn't even think about the warranty. Will jetting the carb cause a possible warranty void? I was thinking if the motor blew (knock on wood) or something the dealer could find some way of blaming it on the jet kit...or exhaust, etc. Any input from those of you who have already installed their jet kits? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I would just keep the stock exhaust and filter around, and put those back to stock, I wouldnt bother puttin the stock jet back in, what are the chances of them figureing that one out.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
QUOTE ("Robb":2dn32b76)
I would just keep the stock exhaust and filter around, and put those back to stock, I wouldnt bother puttin the stock jet back in, what are the chances of them figureing that one out.
ditto

·
Registered
275 Posts
Either that or just let your local Honda dealer jet the bike for you.When I got the exhaust and air filter and jet package for my 450.I installed it and toke it to the Honda/Rick Case dealership and for an hour labor they jetted it for me.They told me it wouldn't void the warranty and you know that the job was done right.It's been almost a year and never stumbles or runs bad yet,and I still have the same Iradium/Rubicon spark plug that they rec to use for better power($15.00).Just my input though,well worth the $65.00 to have them do the guess work on jetting,air fuel mixture,etc...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts