21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Ah, google chrome works! B)

·
Administrator
299 Posts
So from what I get from this issue is that all users experiencing this are using IE as their main browser. I will have my tech see if we can do something on our end to clear this issue for IE user but do yourself a favor and use Chrome or Firefox. Big difference!

MD
Community Support

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
Yep.. That cured my problems.. chrome seems to live stream better for me than firefox but both worked much better than IE.

·
Registered
973 Posts
The only thing I see wrong with chrome, is that I don't get to see all pics.

·
Registered
139 Posts
OK the past week or so, every time I try to open this site on my home PC, its triggers a alert on my Norton protection, and it opens freezes up and then reloads over and over
and ONLY does it with this site?
anyone else having trouble??
it did this a few months back, then worked fine, and now this time its worse?
just asking?
The problem with this site is all this advertising google crap, it is on pics posted from other than this sites gallery, words in the posts are flagged, too much junk and garbage.
I really enjoy reading on this site and posting, but the advertising garbage is just about ready to send me back to my site where I do not have nor would I allow this type of crap on my site.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree. Too many ads, too many problems. Time to move on.
This used to be a very good site. Now someone has changed it to be a place to make money advertising instead of a forum for Honda ATV owners. Too bad.....

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
The problem with this site is all this advertising google crap, it is on pics posted from other than this sites gallery, words in the posts are flagged, too much junk and garbage.
I really enjoy reading on this site and posting, but the advertising garbage is just about ready to send me back to my site where I do not have nor would I allow this type of crap on my site.
I agree. Too many ads, too many problems. Time to move on.
This used to be a very good site. Now someone has changed it to be a place to make money advertising instead of a forum for Honda ATV owners. Too bad.....

Well for some of us who have been around quite a bit longer than both of you 2 guys and also being a
along with doing this stuff for a living......I can say the ad's have been here since Ive been a member although about 1.5 years ago the ad's did pop up under photos and I do not have problems opening up anything on this site still....that only leaves Human error!

if we had enough paying members I would say the ADMIN or owner of the forum could ditch the ad's all together....but thats just my opinion!

.....is it obvious yet, I don't care for people Trying to trash the best Foreman site on the Internet, Trust me Ive been on them all at one time or another in my misadventures and if a few ad's is going to run ya off .....well figure it out!

I'm Glide & thats my 2cts worth!

·
Premium Member
2,427 Posts
Well for some of us who have been around quite a bit longer than both of you 2 guys and also being a
along with doing this stuff for a living......I can say the ad's have been here since Ive been a member although about 1.5 years ago the ad's did pop up under photos and I do not have problems opening up anything on this site still....that only leaves Human error!

if we had enough paying members I would say the ADMIN or owner of the forum could ditch the ad's all together....but thats just my opinion!

.....is it obvious yet, I don't care for people Trying to trash the best Foreman site on the Internet, Trust me Ive been on them all at one time or another in my misadventures and if a few ad's is going to run ya off .....well figure it out!

Amen brother!

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
Amen brother!
Thanks for the back up Tea Time.....never been one to stand by and not say something about people trashing our communal home.....if the dude has his own site....WTF he doing here!

Ok time to go chill! :lol:

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
yeah, I don't pay to use this site, but I also don't open my mouth about anything here either. if there's a issue its fixed in a day or 2, and if your issue is pop ups well then.... welcome to the internet, facebooks got em, youtube's got em, and anything else on heres got em to, but theres far less issues on this site then there is knowledge and help, and I plan on paying, and ill always be on here.

·
Registered
139 Posts

Hey bud being a webmaster, multiple discussion forum owner and server owner, gives me way more experience and knowledge than you ever will have when it comes to websites, server fees, software licenses, etc so get off your high horse bud because you do not have the right to be there addressing me in this field.
Also look under my name as well, whom during his registration bought a membership for this site and had not made the first post.

These adds and advertising crap is what is causing a most of these issues on this topic, if you knew what you were talking about maybe you would have the right to down talk me, but you don't so I suggest you stand down.

Third this advertising crap in the topics, posts, and photos are annoying as anything in this world and it drives away membership period end of story.

I like this site, I read a few days before registering, the guys here seem down to earth, but again before you want to talk down to anyone know what you are talking about first.

·
Administrator
299 Posts
Hey bud being a webmaster, multiple discussion forum owner and server owner, gives me way more experience and knowledge than you ever will have when it comes to websites, server fees, software licenses, etc so get off your high horse bud because you do not have the right to be there addressing me in this field.
Also look under my name as well, whom during his registration bought a membership for this site and had not made the first post.

These adds and advertising crap is what is causing a most of these issues on this topic, if you knew what you were talking about maybe you would have the right to down talk me, but you don't so I suggest you stand down.

Third this advertising crap in the topics, posts, and photos are annoying as anything in this world and it drives away membership period end of story.

I like this site, I read a few days before registering, the guys here seem down to earth, but again before you want to talk down to anyone know what you are talking about first.
This thread was created as a solution to an issue not to spark a debate so I will be closing it after this post. Yes, Nwatson you are correct. Sometimes the Google ads we run on the forum do cause issues but we report them as soon as they happen and get the forum back up and get a scan of our site done. We take member safety very seriously.

- dm, community support

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.