Honda Foreman Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK the past week or so, every time I try to open this site on my home PC, its triggers a alert on my Norton protection, and it opens freezes up and then reloads over and over
and ONLY does it with this site?
anyone else having trouble??
it did this a few months back, then worked fine, and now this time its worse?
just asking?

·
Registered
244 Posts
There is definitely something wrong with this site. I don't get any virus warnings or anything like that, but it freezes up. The site partially loads and then sits there with the clock spinning. I have to X out of internet explorer and re-open it. Sometimes you get three or four clicks into something before it freezes. It has been bad for the last week or so.

Tonight I had to X out and reopen internet explorer 5 times tonight to post this reply. Hopefully someone can fix it.

·
Registered
973 Posts
No issues here but then again I'm using Safari.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
its been discuses be for but internet explorer sucks download Mozilla firefox or another browser. i have no probs with Mozilla

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
On my pc tonight I was having issues with it. But my phone no issues.

Pc is win 8 with Internet explorer.

Phone is safari.

·
Registered
244 Posts
My PC is windows 8. It's funny...I had a bunch of issues when I first got on tonight, but it's only locked up once since then.

I have been on probably 10 other web sites tonight without a single problem though. It seems isolated to this site. I'll get another browser if it keeps up.

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
I'm having no issues using Firefox and IE. mrbb, are you just using Norton for virus protection? I'm not a big believer in it from past experiences.

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Toodeep, no I have other protection too, but this site trips the norton some time, and I have windows 7 on PC
but again only have issues with loading and staying on this site, no other
happened a month or more again, then fine, then a week or so started acting up again
can access fine on phone , just having troubles on Pc with site

·
Administrator
299 Posts
It is a known issue by Google Ads with IE users where Google Ads triggers malware warning when browsing with IE. Google Ads is aware of this issue and have been working on a fix as it is affecting most of their publishers with trojan like warning ads.

If you can provide screen shots would be great so we can forward this information to Google.

MD
Community Support

·
Registered
244 Posts
My virus software doesn't pop anything up. HondaForeman.com ust freezes and the browser keeps searching like it is trying to refresh. This is the only site that it happens on. I have been on Yahoo, Amazon, Google, and my company websites without any issues today. I had to X out of this site several times just to get this far and post this reply...

Sometimes it happens right when the site first loads, and sometimes you get farther along and have clicked thru a few pages before it locks up.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
This is what I get after a couple of minutes. My PC is running win8 and whatever the latest edition of IE is. For me also, this is the only site I have problems loading. I have no problems with the forum on my iPhone, or android tablet. Just PC.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Admin, I'm starting to have some trouble loading the site to and I'm using safari on my iPad. It's acting like it doesn't want to load everything. Taking to long to load. I was trying to quote wydglide and it acting like it was going to lock up. I had to tap the x and then tap the refresh and was able to continue as normal.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
using Firefox and thus far no problems.

being a Computer Tech, I can not count the numbers of computers Ive fixed that had Norton on them, matter a fact I did one today with Norton on it, 10+ Years ago Norton was really good software, but anymore it only slows down computers and Crashs them, it's not just a AV program it's a full suite of Programs and ALL of them are sucking up system resources!

it's so bad you need to download a Uninstaller to get rid of it!
https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/kb20080828154508EN_EndUserProfile_en_us

·
Registered
973 Posts
Yeah, something major is up with the site for IE. I've been trying all morning on the work computer and it's trying to load and then a message comes up saying that it's not responding.

·
Premium Member
6,191 Posts
Yep, mine's freezing up too. I have IE 8

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
I am running Windows 8 and IE10 on my work computer with no problems. My old laptop with Windows XP and IE8 gives problems on a lot of sites but I never had any on here. I started using Firefox on that computer because of page loading problems on other sites. I know XP is outdated and that is why I have problems with that computer. Just an FYI for the techs on different operating systems.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.