Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a 2012 foreman 500 manual shift with power steering. I'm in the process of looking for new wheels and tires, I know IRS wheels set in place differently and I'm wondering if I can use wheel spacers to keep the wheels and tires out of my air box.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yes you can use wheel spacers in the rear. You need like 2 1/4" spacers i think.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My brother put a set of SRA wheels on his IRS by flipping the rims around and mounting them backwards. Granted the fastest he goes is maybe 12 mph between mud pits but it should really just be temporary. If you put too big of spacers on a vehicle it can change the stress points.

·
Premium Member
6,206 Posts
My brother put a set of SRA wheels on his IRS by flipping the rims around and mounting them backwards. Granted the fastest he goes is maybe 12 mph between mud pits but it should really just be temporary. If you put too big of spacers on a vehicle it can change the stress points.
I tried that on my 09 Foreman using Rincon wheels.

First time I ran through the duck hole water weeds wrapped around the brake drum and ripped out the valve stem.

If you want to run IRS wheels on a SRA bike with the brake assembly all the way on the end of the axle you need to use spacers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts