Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed some of my friends Foreman's return after there first service and they always crank on the first push of the starter.

I have done all my own maintenance and it always takes 2-4 times to get cranked and another 5 minutes before it wont shut off with out the throttle pressed.

All of my friends where doing the exact same thing until after the first service?? The only thing I can think of is the idle is set low from the factory.

Any help would be appreciated,

Justin

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sounds like it is set low It should be 1400 +/- 100rpm.If it is set below 1100 or 1200 the decompression lever doesnt work right and could wear it out prematurely I think.I went to napa and bought an electronic tach it was 40$ and just wrap the wire around your plug wire and voila!

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Mine never starts on the first try. I have read on here if you change the jet it will start and idle better.

·
Registered
670 Posts
haha

mine never starts on the first try either...

i have a snork and jet and intake and exhaust.

always, and i mean ALWAYS starts on the second time unless the engine is hot and is shut off and restarted.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Even before mine was jetted for the pipe summer /winter doesn't matter it always fired right up as long as my idle was set correct. You should set it as per the shop manuals "idle drop procedure"

·
Registered
39 Posts
This might be a long shot but my rubi used to idle too slow and die out when it was "cold". Then I realized that I was leaving the choke open too long thinking it wasn't warmed up enough. Turns out it was getting too much choke so now I turn it off after 10-15 seconds and it idles fine.

ChuckD

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.