Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just rebuilt the carb and did a oil change on it. When I went to ride it, it didn’t have any power and would go into high rpms. Maybe half way on full throttle. It idles and when in reverse it goes high in rpm but still lacks a lot of power. I replaced the to sensor before everything and it was running fine. Could I have bumped it enough to make it not run good but it’s not flashing the code for the to sensor. I can’t figure it out

·
Registered
39 Posts
What kind of oil did you use? If you used regular car oil it could simply be the clutches slipping. Wet clutches require a certain oil and most automobile oil will cause clutches to slip. Did you use Honda GN4 or an equivalent made for ATV's and/or motorcycles?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What kind of oil did you use? If you used regular car oil it could simply be the clutches slipping. Wet clutches require a certain oil and most automobile oil will cause clutches to slip. Did you use Honda GN4 or an equivalent made for ATV's and/or motorcycles?
I used Mobil 1 motorcycle oil that is JASO MA and it says it’s good for wet clutches. I went ahead and ordered a new carb because I can’t get it to stop leaking out the overflow after rebuilding and replacing everything in it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I used Mobil 1 motorcycle oil that is JASO MA and it says it’s good for wet clutches. I went ahead and ordered a new carb because I can’t get it to stop leaking out the overflow after rebuilding and replacing everything in it.
Also, I meant to say it would NOT go into high rpms

1 - 5 of 5 Posts