Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The more i read on here i noticed alot of you run bi/tri claws. I have a few questions about them:
How well do they ride on trails and hard packed stuff?
How well do they perform in mud?
Do they seem to wear quickly or do they hold up?
Are they a true 27" tire?
Running just the perfex kit, will i have any rubbing issues?
What psi would you run them over rocks?

Sorry for so many questions, im just tired of always getting stuck when my friends go right through, any more info or suggestion would be nice , i need a good trail/mud tire

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The Bi/Tri combo is one of the best all around combo's out there. They ride EXTREMELY well from im told, and from what ive seen they mud awesome (just under laws) and take forever to wear down.

As for the true 27'' tire. I think even with like 2-3 pnds in them they are 27'' and with 15+ can be 28''. If you got these you would be happy. I think some are for sale in the 'for sale forum.'

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had never seen any around my way. Everyone around here believes than mudlights are the best tires around, and that nothing pulls through mud like them. But i like the tread and if they tend to have no that rough of a ride i probaly get them, i just tired of the stock dunlops with no traction, and these look awesome bolted onto a foreman. Was thinking of odering rokstars to mount them too, any problems with those rims?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
IMO Mudlites are garbage compared to the bi/tri combo. Mudlites are just a step up over stock tires (which are more than garbage for anything but trail riding) If you got the combo you would show up all of your buddies with the mudlites in every situation possbile + looks!

As for the rims, I hear bad things about the Rockstars. People say that the clearcoat comes off of those really quick. Just something to keep in your mind. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
QUOTE ("eurobro":2b2zgsci)
IMO Mudlites are garbage compared to the bi/tri combo. Mudlites are just a step up over stock tires (which are more than garbage for anything but trail riding)
[/quote]

Are you saying my tires are garbage??? I have mad it through many a mud hole with them thank you!! No they aren't the greatest tire out there, but I wouldn't call them garbage.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
who has the best price on them? Highlifter has th bi's for 85 and the tri's for 95, is that the best price on them? And what rims would you recommend, itps, maxxis, or something else?

He didnt mean garbage he just said as compared to claws they they are not as good

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I know...just messing with him. If you haven't noticed already, that happens a lot around here.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
QUOTE ("Lady Foreman":3bqujqyz)
I know...just messing with him. If you haven't noticed already, that happens a lot around here.
Yeah I get messed with a lot around here. Oh yea, Oh yeah well well if if your Mudlites were so good then why you wanna step up to some laws for then huh? Yea th tha th th thats what i thought!

2004 Yellow Honda Foreman ES
26" ITP I hate my Mud Lites ( These are the best tires ever cuz Eurobro has em... 27" Outlaws..will make my day)
Aluminum Rubicon Wheels
K&N Air Filter
2" lift
Snorkit Snorkel system
Super Trapp exhaust
Dyno Jet Kit[/b]

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I got my Bi/Tri Claws from Highlifter, and I like the tires a lot. I rode a Foreman with 27 Outlaws, and I prefer my Claws. Plus they are HUGE for a 27.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
QUOTE ("eurobro":3ed6usfd)
QUOTE ("Lady Foreman":3ed6usfd)
Yeah I get messed with a lot around here. Oh yea, Oh yeah well well if if your Mudlites were so good then why you wanna step up to some laws for then huh? Yea th tha th th thats what i thought!

2004 Yellow Honda Foreman ES
26" ITP I hate my Mud Lites ( These are the best tires ever cuz Eurobro has em... 27" Outlaws..will make my day)
Aluminum Rubicon Wheels
K&N Air Filter
2" lift
Snorkit Snorkel system

It
Super Trapp exhaust
Dyno Jet Kit[/b][/quote]

There ain't nothing wrong with stepping up a notch...I should have never listened to Railroader, if it wasn't for him I would have gotten something else. Since I never really rode much before, I had no idea what to expect out of a mud tire....if I would have known what I know now, I would have started out with the Outlaws!!

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
QUOTE ("Lady Foreman":2g1hjtcp)
There ain't nothing wrong with stepping up a notch...I should have never listened to Railroader, if it wasn't for him I would have gotten something else. Since I never really rode much before, I had no idea what to expect out of a mud tire....if I would have known what I know now, I would have started out with the Outlaws!!
Hey! You got babysittin' money. Go buy'm toughgal!!

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
QUOTE ("eurobro":19uk2rl2)
The Bi/Tri combo is one of the best all around combo's out there. They ride EXTREMELY well from im told, and from what ive seen they mud awesome (just under laws) and take forever to wear down.

As for the true 27'' tire. I think even with like 2-3 pnds in them they are 27'' and with 15+ can be 28''. If you got these you would be happy.I think some are for sale in the 'for sale forum.'

them are going to me if the seller would ever sh-- or get off the pot about actually selling them

·
Registered
548 Posts
OK ....
1. They are awesome on the trails, ride almost as smooth as stock.
2. The only better mud tire is an outlaw.
3. IF mine EVER wear out Ill be getting some more, over 600 mi and no wear, still has the "****" from the casting process on the lugs.
4. Yes they are a true 27, I have 10 psi in mine and are 27.5" tall, with 15+ they get to 28s
5. I have just the perfex long travel kit and only rub on full lock turns or real big continuous dips (whoops, etc.)
6. I run 10 psi at all times, but would and have gotten better performance at 3 - 5 psi on the rocks so they can conform to the rocks and also get a "flatter" profile for more traction.
7. You will now leave your friends stuck in the mud while you go putt putt putt right by them in 2wd. You will go more places in 2wd than you ever did in 4wd, and probally than they will in 4wd.
These are just an awesome tire!!!! Youll love them and be the envy of all your buddies

Look at these new wheels from itp, <a href="http://www.itptires.com/newproducts.html" target="_blank">http://www.itptires.com/newproducts.html</a> wish they had the black/machined when I got mine. Gorgeous rim......

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Do they really ride that good on trails? I figured it would be a little rough, where did all of you get your claws,Ive always been told outlaws ride bad, that is y i want to with bi/tri combo, any body know of any breakage due to these tires with a lift installed, broken axles or what? thanks

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
From what ive seen and heard from owners, they ride awesome on hardpacked (trails).

As for breaking stuff with them. Anytime you get a bigger or more aggressive tire than your stock one you are prone to breaking parts quicker than if you had stock. Also about the lift, the lift puts the front axles at extreme angles which equals a lot of stress on them. Over time (depending on how hard you ride it in 4x4) your front axles will eventually need rebuilt or upgraded to Gorilla axles. For a time frame if you wondering how long that would take there have been people that were fine for a couple of years of riding with a lift. I say if you want the lift, get it. Worry about all that other stuff as it comes along.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
I would not hesitate to get the Claws my next go 'round. If I wanted to get something bigger that is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I just bought the bi claws tri claws from highlifter it was 410.00 with the shipping. I love em. They ride really good and go through mud really good. I deff. recomend them.

·
Registered
489 Posts
ITP Blackwater XT's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts