Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to attempt to change my rear drum brakes. I have never changed drum brakes before, so I may have another post about that later.

My problem now is that I have 1 lug nut that just spins. The entire stud is turning. I can actually push the stud back and forth.

Now I can deal with putting in a new stud, but how do I go about getting off the old one? I am even willing to break it off if that is possible and just put a new one in. Any help with this? I would love to get it off tonight if anyone can help me!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
936 Posts
do u have a impact. if so turn it all the way up and tighten the lug then reverse it and dont stop. i should have enough power to get it off. i know are impacted does...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I do not have an impact wrench. Any other ideas? I could take it to a local shop, but I really don't like to do that unless absolutely necessary. How else could I get it off?

·
Registered
350 Posts
Are you able to get the castle nut off with the wheel still attached? If so, remove the castle nut, and pull the hub off, and take a grinder or some other cutting tool and get the stud from behind the hub.

·
Registered
350 Posts
QUOTE ("Jaxom":2h8d07al)
possibly use nut splitter?
Sounds painful!!

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
QUOTE ("Mudlord":2hmsoyd6)
QUOTE ("Jaxom":2hmsoyd6)
possibly use nut splitter?
Sounds painful!! [/quote]

I thought it was referring to a snorkle location on another post thats been getting a lot of comments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.