Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having a shifting issue with my 02' Foremen 450 ES. I've lost the ability to shift electronically or manually above 1st. I have reverse and 1st.
I've changed the oil recently, adjusted the clutch, checked the angle sensor which had all normal readings, and that's where I've stopped. I've heard something about a couple of bolts behind the front cover that could possibly be the issue but am unable to find a diagram about said bolts. a steer in the right direction would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a few issues myself and in the end replaced the shift motor, had no issues afterwards. I know they shift mush harder than a non es bike due to the extra es gears and herd that prolonged manual shifting can break a gear in the shifter motor setup, however ive never seen this. My motor passed any test i gave it but didn't have the power to complete the shift, picked one up online for a bit cheaper and regretted not doing it sooner. Hope it helps.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So the guide plate bolt was about 2 turns loose and I've replaced the shift motor. Now I'm getting the 5 blinking lights and no shifting. I've went thru all the troubleshooting steps in the honda repair manual and it's pointing to a bad ECU but it seemed to work prior to the shifting issue. I've also read that the voltage regulator/rectifier could cause some issues and just wondering if anyone has some info on that, cause $25 is sure better than $300

·
Registered
55 Posts
So the guide plate bolt was about 2 turns loose and I've replaced the shift motor. Now I'm getting the 5 blinking lights and no shifting. I've went thru all the troubleshooting steps in the honda repair manual and it's pointing to a bad ECU but it seemed to work prior to the shifting issue. I've also read that the voltage regulator/rectifier could cause some issues and just wondering if anyone has some info on that, cause $25 is sure better than $300
Yes sorry about that i was going to write back and mention the regular was the issue for some of my issues as well. If the voltage drops just a little the system will basically shut down

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts