Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i recently had my rectifier/regulator stolen from my TRX450 ES -99. I've got a new one but dont know which wires go where as the thieves cut the original plug as well. It is a 5 pin socket with one red wire (battery charging line),a green wire(ground line)and 3 yellow wires(charging coil lines).
All i need to know is which one goes where.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I can get you something here later this afternoon to get it fixed.

·
Registered
319 Posts
That sucks!

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Looking in from the tire you'll have 2 yellows in the front and green - yellow- red at the back. (yellows can go in any order/placement.)

front view

rear view of the connector

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi i've wired the rectifier like the photo - can you please confirm that once in place the red wire is at the rear of the quad and the green at the front -(just in case i wired wrong ).
If this is correct i've got new problems as it started first time after wiring but soon cut out and did the same 3-4 times.I then left it 3 hours and tried again but the battery went flat.I then charged the battery overnight and refitted the next day, however the same thing happened again - (something draining battery? -winch has been removed, just headlights added to factory model).
The quad has had repairs due to a fire burning from the rectifier earth (i didnt know the rectifier had been stolen until after trying to start it).All the wires have been replaced but dont know if it has caused a problem elsewhere.
Killswitch has been tested and works fine.
Electrician says all grounds are fine.
Any ideas please ?

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
The red wire would be towards the front of the machine and the green toward the rear.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The red wire would be towards the front of the machine and the green toward the rear.
Re Honda Foreman 450 rectifier regulator SH638-12. Connecter plug burned up. Question: which wire, red or green goes toward the front or rear of the machine. Which pins do the 3 yellow wires go to?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts