Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings to all of you! A week ago I started new job on a big farm and was given an old TRX 1999/2001 for running around. I never even own a quard but as a petrolhead I ofcorse imediately went for a test run and find some troubles right away. Before I turn on you with my troubles I read existing content on this forum but couldn't successfully fix the problems. I hope you can advise me on following issues.

When I shift to 1st or R quard jumps. I adjust the clutch and idle throttle but the difference is minimal.

Tire pressure was random when I received it (14.5 to 7.2rgvfch psi/1 to 0.5 bar). I followed the manual and set nthe pressure to 3.6 psi/0.25 bar but handling was awful so I decided to settle at 0.6 bar/8.7 psi. Mostly I drive on macadam, hard country roads made of mixed materials and meadows. Parts of roads are made of sharp rocks that also cause deep cuts in tires. What do you guys think is the optimal pressure from your experiance.

And the last part... Do you consider adjusting front wheel toe with a chalk and measuring tape solid job or I should let the professional do the job more accurately?

Any answer would be helpful!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Welcome! . . . . is your quad a 450 Foreman?

·
Registered
273 Posts
are the tire same size from front to back?

also is the tread wear the same from side to side?

any chance of a Pic of your quad.

if you shift from 1st to 2nd does the quad jump then as well?
how about 2nd down to 1st with it sitting still?

and after you done a shift to from N to 1 and it jumps if you shift back to N and then back to 1st does it still jump?

how far is it jumping like 1-2" or is it more like 4-6"

Welcome and good luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
are the tire same size from front to back?

also is the tread wear the same from side to side?

any chance of a Pic of your quad.

if you shift from 1st to 2nd does the quad jump then as well?
how about 2nd down to 1st with it sitting still?

and after you done a shift to from N to 1 and it jumps if you shift back to N and then back to 1st does it still jump?

how far is it jumping like 1-2" or is it more like 4-6"

Welcome and good luck
Hi! Thanls for your reply :)

It has a electronic shifter. It jumps only when I change from N to 1 and R. When I shift back to N everithing is normal. When it's cold and first shifting it jumps for about 4" and later just for 1 or 2".

Tires in the front I have 25x8-12 and in the back 25x10-12. Each tire is wearn eavenly, but he left tire has almost no profile. I assume that right was replaced with new one. I cheched the front toe and it's normal (11/16") wider at the front.

And ofcorse the pics:
IMG_20200126_102948.jpg
IMG_20200126_103021.jpg
IMG_20200126_103045.jpg

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would adjust the clutch out some more and try and try to get the jumping to go away.

I know on my 450ES it will jump some but not the 4" that yours is doing.

have to pay attention and make sure you dont turn the clutch out to far and your getting excess slipping.

·
Registered
273 Posts
also just wondering how does the oil look that is in the quad?
due you know when it was last changed?

and does it due the jumping after you have road around some and the oil is warmed up?
just thinking off the hip

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I
also just wondering how does the oil look that is in the quad?
due you know when it was last changed?

and does it due the jumping after you have road around some and the oil is warmed up?
just thinking off the hip
It's much better after a short ride. You think it could be oil in the gearbox?

·
Registered
273 Posts
could be if its thick stuff it might cause the jumping due to it not be up to operating temp.

might be worth a shot to change the oil and find out. also due you know how old the oil is or how many miles on that oil?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts