Honda Foreman Forums banner

How much does your black fenders scratch?

3K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  lorcux 
#1 ·
My atv has only 200 miles on it and I have noticed that the black fenders scratch easy. I also notice the floorboards will wear when my heal and toe rests. They will shine right up with tire foam or Honda Cleaner but after a day of riding, they dull out.

Discussion starter · #5 ·
QUOTE ("cajunforeman":3atlyt2k)
mine has about 250 miles on it and I keep it up really well but like you said the black plastic is all scratched up. The only thing you can do is keep applying the tire foam to it. Personally I buy wd 40 by the cases and thats what i use after every ride on the whole bike except the yellow and it keeps it up pretty well.
I have heard people will spray WD-40, RemOil, or babyoil under the fender wells so mud/dirt will slide off. Anybody do this?

I know my plastic is gonna scratch up. I am glad I chose the yellow. Really, the black is the only plastic that is scratched up. And I am happy I didn't go with a black Rincon like my uncle. Two trips and that atv looked like it was 5 years old. Amazing.

Discussion starter · #11 ·
I used some Meguiars NXT Generation Tech Protect that I keep for my vehicles on my Foreman. This stuff made my 500 look awesome. Highly recommend it.

Discussion starter · #13 ·
QUOTE ("plumcuda":3e1onjrz)
do you use the NXT generation on the black plastic only or the whole bike?
Whole bike. Worked great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.