Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
I have a stock 05 Foreman 500 4x4 and in 2wd it will do 55mph. Did "4" 1/4mile passes with it and each time top speed was 55mph and that was the fastest I could get it to go.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My speedometer says 51 with 27" outlaws. Haven't verified it with my gps yet though.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've hit 59 on a stock rancher. I believe they have a govener at around 55 though.

·
Registered
186 Posts
something must be wrong with my foreman my top speed is like 49

·
Registered
57 Posts
QUOTE ("Goose500":34pg0lbd)
something must be wrong with my foreman my top speed is like 49
Mine too and it seems like it's winding high enough to shoot the piston up your backside!!

·
Registered
194 Posts
with

with 29.5 i think i top out at 45

·
Registered
12 Posts
how fast?

I have a 2006 Foreman and in 4 wheel drive I can get it to 48 miles per hour. And when I put it in 2 wheel drive I can get it to 51 miles per hour.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Re: how fast?

QUOTE ("peterstacy":1o075k37)
I have a 2006 Foreman and in 4 wheel drive I can get it to 48 miles per hour. And when I put it in 2 wheel drive I can get it to 51 miles per hour.
It will go another 5 mph after she gets broken in a lil more.

·
Registered
12 Posts
sweet, it only has 150 miles on it, but 51 is plenty fast enough! By the way does anyone know how many horsepower the foreman has? just curious. And being a new 4 wheeler owner whats the best way to get some more ground clearance? it keeps getting bogged down in this deep montana snow?

·
Registered
514 Posts
Bigger tires is the only way to get true lift out of a sra machine, but a lift kit may help because getting the back axle through the snow shouldn't be that much trouble. With a two drive machine you could lift the front and put on some bigger snow/mudd tires on the back

I put chains on stock tires with winter and wow did that make a difference, hooks up two good now

·
Registered
60 Posts
I believe its 26hp stock?

·
Registered
98 Posts
My 2006 Forman 500 did 47 with 100 miles on it on a 95 degree day with 90% humidity. South Carolina along with other southern states with high humidity can adversly affect total power which of course affects your speed. 47 for me is about 20 more then I ever will need anyway. Just fun to see what it can do sometimes.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
QUOTE ("Hondude":92imo9la)
My 2006 Forman 500 did 47 with 100 miles on it on a 95 degree day with 90% humidity. South Carolina along with other southern states with high humidity can adversly affect total power which of course affects your speed. 47 for me is about 20 more then I ever will need anyway. Just fun to see what it can do sometimes.
Exactly!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Do Dyno's test at the rear wheels or right off the motor?

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Believe it or not, before i got larger tires & when my 450 was bone stock,
i got it up to 50 mph. Scared the livin' daylights out of me. I didn't buy it
for speed, but i think we all like to see just how fast somethin' will go.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts