Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
turning the ignition switch off will reset the computer for temp. codes. to initialize the computer have the switch off, trany in neutral, and mode select switch in D1 or D2. hold both the up and down shift buttons and turn the switch on. then release and press up - down - up , move the throttle lever from fully closed to fully open and then back to fully closed. this all has to be done pretty fast and should here the control motor cycle.

·
Registered
77 Posts
you forgot to ad this one very important step. if you dont do it, it wont work. hold your tongue to the left and mutter swears under your breath. i have had some success with the right side but left never fails. lol.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE ("PLUMBUM":35mhqmb2)
you forgot to ad this one very important step. if you dont do it, it wont work. hold your tongue to the left and mutter swears under your breath. i have had some success with the right side but left never fails. lol.
Yea I will do and your right the left side always works best......sometimes the middle....but very rare

·
Premium Member
2,041 Posts
okay i just reset mine heard some winding ond stuff but it did not fix the promblem
What is the problem with the machine??

·
Registered
15 Posts
alright here we go my machine runs great but is stuck in gear gives a blank code-- on the gear idicator i checked the cdi wires for loose/bad connections with no luck i pulled the electric motor on the side of bike that the electric shift switch is on the handel bars when i hooked the battery to it the motor tuned freely back and forth i then pulled the angel sensor cheked the wires from it to the cdi box they were good with no shorts tested with a multimeter put the motor back on it and with a 12volt battery i shifted if fine so what do i do now it goes in gear just dosent shift at all on its on

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
We have been chatting about this already. Did you remove the angle sensor? If so did you get it pre loaded when installing it again? I've been trying to find something on that "out of place" connector but I will have to look through the manual tomorrow when I get to work (PDF is taking too long to navigate around).

·
Registered
15 Posts
ha ha ha on the oil pressure i wish that was my promblem and yes too deep i went through the preload on the angel sensor after a couple times i couldent get the bike to preform it agin i can shift through the gears by putting power straight to the shift motor wich i only did to make sure i could.... after testing every thing with my meter and the manual ive come to the conclusion that its the ecm i just bought used off ebay but i will entertain any suggestons or directions on testing this thing for other possibilitys i wish there was away to build my own controll box for the shifting and by pass the ecm but i know in d1 -d2 the shifting is controlled by the rpms of the engine wich i fguer is read by the ecm ......... i just need to get it shifting

·
Registered
15 Posts
well folks i posted it on craigslist for 2500 obo it runs great i just dont have time or money to keep messing with this electric sh*t i cant stand it i would personally never own a atv with all the wires and computer crap ill take a foot shifter over electric any day

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2001 500 rubicon that I was having a problem when riding would shut down & found that when trying to restart if green neutral light was not on it would not start ,found a short on sensor on back of motor replaced got it to start but only to run for a short time and shut down but now I have the green neutral light but no N on screen just a -- showing solid not blinking ,turning off then back on does not reset/clear it . Bad ECM or can it be reset?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ok so my husband had code 5 I beleive first so he.replaced the shift motor (and we tested it before with power and it did nothing) and the we got code 6 which I beleive was the angle sensor, ( I may have gotten the codes backwards) so he put a new one in. Now the dash shows it's in N/D, which it would not before he tried to reset it a few time by hold B olth up and down, then key on, full throttle and so on, but I think we're missing something because as soon as he starts it it goes back to flashing, can someone please help us before he gives up all together and sends it to a shop, and it a "07" honda rubicon trx 500/FA

·
Registered
1 Posts
Code 97 on a 2016 honda foreman fm1. I cleaned the relay and coated with dielectric grease. Still flashing at me. Any other suggestions? Or do i just need to reset the computer? If so how is that done on make and model? Battery is fully charged.

2016 Honda Foreman 500
Warrior riser snorkels
1.5" wheel spacers
Ammo can storage
Rotopax fuel cell
Warn winch

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a honda crv 2004 I resently changed the radiator and intake manifold... After putting coolent I started the car and let it idole on it's own but after a while it died out. I started it again but it doesn't hold it idole on it's own. I took it for a test ride and not more than a block away it's showing the temperature going high. I pulled to the side and car dies out and doesn't want to start .. someone told me that I got to reprogram the computer...is this true..and if so ...how do I do that

1 - 19 of 19 Posts