Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK can I put 27 x 12 x 12 tires on the back and 27 x 10 x 12 tires on the front , with stock rims and how will it perform. I'm confused are the stock rims 12 x 10 and 12 x 8
/ -->
/" title="Dancing" />
/ -->
/ -->
/" title="Dancing" />
/ -->

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Stock rims are stamped with their size on them. I think its 6.5" in front and 7 in the rear. You should have no problems fitting those tires on stock wheels or their fitment on the bike either.

·
Registered
831 Posts
yea i have that on my stock rims right now..... upgraded in cpl months to 29.5 outlaws. need to keep up with certain ppl. 589s dont cut it anymore.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok now the big question if I go with the mudlites how much of a difference is this going to make in the mud and how is this going to effect the power . Also is it necessary or benificial to have wide tires on the front of a 2wd

·
Registered
134 Posts
hey civicex, are you going to sell those 589's or maybe want to trade for some 26" 589's? i've been looking for a set of 27's, and i like the 589's i have so 27" 589's would be great. didn't really want to spend "new" money on a set, because i really cant afford it right now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i have the same exact size tires that you want to put but in vamps. when my bike was stock i could smoke those tires. you will lose power but not enought to worry about.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I have to ask will 26 X 10.00-12 gators, and 26 X 12.00-12 gators fit on my stock foreman rims? The 10x12s would be on the front and 12x12s on back. 26 X 10.00-12 is the smallest 26inch gator I can find. I don't want them to change my turning much. Should I go with a different tire if I can't get a 26x 8 x 12?

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
26 inch tires will fit stock rims. I believe they base the way tires fit on atv's
by the stock rims. At least that is what i was told. Anyway, i know for a fact
that Gators will fit stock Honda rims perfect.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I know 26's will fit I'm asking about the width. Are they to wide for stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
No. Jennifer & I run 10's up front & 12's in the rear with no problems.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I thought that all the aftermarket tires are made to fit the 7" wide wheels. People just get new wheels to get new wheels.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Sweet! I can't wait to get some new meats!!!!!!! But I have to buy a trailer(for the quads) first, and a new stove, and new dressers, and...............it's going to be a while for my new meats .

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
But wait, if you put wider tires and narrow wheels wont that make them taller?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Hey Big Daddy

i have Gator 27" 10x12, 12x12 mounted on my stock rims and they work perfect. hope that helps ya

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Yes this helps!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts