Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you connect your wires to for handlebar heaters, I'd like them to be switched off with the key so they are not on and draining the battery. I went to the dealer here in Alaska and they refused to tell me where they hook them up and to pay the $80. They wouldn't give me a schematic either and said it was too complicated. I'd like to know just because I think that is horrible customer service and I'll order a pair of heating elements from a catalog rather than from the dealer. Any help would be nice.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Not too much use for heaters down here, but it should be easy enough to tap into your accessory outlet. I'm not sure how many amps they draw, but you may have to add a relay. Did the instructions give you any recomendations?

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
This is what I would do, although its a tad bit ghetto, take a test light, and touch it to all the fuses, there is a little contact strip on the tops of the fuses, do this with the key off, take not which ones do not light the light. Now turn the key over and do the same thing, find a fuse that is only hot with the key on. Take the fuse out, strip 3/4 of an inch of the wire, wrap it around one the blades of the fuse, and get the fuse back in. Like I said, its a little ghetto, but it works.

·
Registered
514 Posts
nine-zero-seven What machine do you have? Tell the dealer to bite you, and the accessarry plug that you plug a spot light into should be more than enough 10 amp (also it is the only thing on that wire so it could be jumped up to a 15 amp with no effects) and it will turn off with the key with most machines. I think on the 04 450 it is a brown and white wire, but I am color blind to a degree. Plus if it would mess up and blow the fuse everything else would be ok

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
thats probably a much better answer then mine

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
haha....thats what I do when I get lazy, remind me to show my fuse box in my truck

·
Registered
514 Posts
does the fuse box in your truck contain any foil gum wrappers that are taking the place of a fuse, "just a quick fix" but a person never gets around to really fixing it

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
haha...nahh, jus a fwe odd wires that arent supposed to be there.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts