Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
WOW! that was cool! Only a Honda could do that! You won't see a belt drive ATV do that.I wish I had pictures,but last weekend where I was camping this guy was riding a Polaris 800 up to the racks along the beach,well he went about 200 yards and that was it,belt was slipping.I saw him yesterday and he said it was a very expensive repair,had to replace the primary clutch due to sand and water damage!

·
Registered
305 Posts
QUOTE ("Yooperforeman":2njdzskn)
WOW! that was cool! Only a Honda could do that! You won't see a belt drive ATV do that.I wish I had pictures,but last weekend where I was camping this guy was riding a Polaris 800 up to the racks along the beach,well he went about 200 yards and that was it,belt was slipping.I saw him yesterday and he said it was a very expensive repair,had to replace the primary clutch due to sand and water damage!

Any ATV can do that you just have to set it up right. You can't compare someone without a snorkel to someone with one.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Actually,he can,still,with a snorkel,your belt can still slip,or get smoked!!!It doesn't matter what you have,it still happens....WITH the exeption of Honda............

·
Registered
378 Posts
if u snorkle the belt intake and belt exhaust you will have no problem doing that...

come ride in crosby... you will wish you had anything but a honda foreman with a SRA

honda is good for working and farm use, not for playing and extreme mud.

dont get me wrong, i love my foreman, but these are the facts

·
Registered
670 Posts
i saw a can am 800 that was completly snorkeled burn his belt riding in waist deep water b/c the wheels weren't spinning in the soft bottom...

·
Registered
212 Posts
That is why some of you guys have the big snorkles......that was awesome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.