Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a used 2007 Rubicon with an automatic shifter. R-N-D-L.
This is different than an ES isn’t it?

I see that it has the electric shift motor, but doesn’t seem to have the clutch adjustment lock nut and screw. Does that seem right?

What are the big differences between these two?

·
Premium Member
13,184 Posts
An electric shift transmission is gear to gear just like a manual shift but you have an electric motor shifting for you. Honda has a few different automatic transmissions. Your is a hydrostatic pump, no gears except in the sub transmission. The electric shift function is just there so you can control shift points that are simulated into what a gear would be.

Shorter answer electric shift machines you have to shift, automatics shift for you but give you and option to do it manually.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks toodeep! That's pretty much what I thought, but I haven't been able to find much info on the hondamatic so I thought I would ask.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Manual shift is my favorite by far you can do neutral drops, es is boring. Hondamatic is cool the D2 with the limited slip function. you can do electronic shift on The handlebar or leave it in drive 1 for automatic mode. However it holds a lot more oil and weighs a shitload more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts