Honda Foreman Forums banner

41 - 60 of 204 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
it would be nice to have it here, I know you guys would like the riding area, the only person who showed up from the board was Smokey & his Crew.

what I'm saying is the info in in place & the ground work has been laid..most of us are east coast anyways (not to forget about our other members out west like TD, Tee....etc)

it would be nice for spring.......it's up to you Guyz....just tossing out idea's, but I have never read about any area as large as this area, nor as diverse, Ive been riding for 2 years and have not scratched the surface!

·
Premium Member
788 Posts
i listed a good short trail

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Canada is a bit of a commute and I don't feel like dealing with border patrol, but if I have a good two weeks of time off then I'd definitely go for it!

For now, TN will be close enough, far enough, challenging enough, and somewhat in the middle of stuff for everybody else, from what Glide's been posting.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
Canada is a bit of a commute and I don't feel like dealing with border patrol, but if I have a good two weeks of time off then I'd definitely go for it!

For now, TN will be close enough, far enough, challenging enough, and somewhat in the middle of stuff for everybody else, from what Glide's been posting.
shoot..dont take a dumb Hillbillys word for, get smokey in here and ask TWO dumb hillbillys! .......ROFLMAO

thats just plain cruel I know (just Kidding David), .......but still funny & if you dont think so, just come visit for a few days.....you will understand! :lol:

but all joking aside its close for most of the members that I see posting, its easy to find, and as I said before all the info is already on the board on the Hondafest thread!...

I'm going to post a few other sites of folks that ride this area, From Michigan to Florida & and all points in-between including Westward, just ask around some & see what other think.

all these folks come here to ride....from time to time some are local or neighboring states, some are not, some only have reviews of the area.

Brimstone Recreation

Harlan Ridge Runner's Forum

Soggy Bottom Boyz

WindRock ATV Club forum

ATV Quad Squad is a very informative forum i highly recomend

Mountain Trails Off-Road Association Forum
Mountain Trails Off-Road Association web page

Southern ATV

MudBog.net

ATV Nation

Dixie Drifters

Royal Blue Rangers

Mud and Guts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Hey Glide, Your only 17 hours away....thats not too bad at all. I just gotta get something to haul my bike over...Maybe Ill have to get a bus after all...:lol:

Rubiranch...which one are ya? some arn't marked.

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
He's in Utah, sometimes I have to refresh the page to show all.

What do you guys think about making a trial map? Same thing but we just post the trails around our area to make them very easy to find. If there is a website it could be added in the description and just a easy click.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Never mind Rubi....I found ya:lol: Dang man! Your really out there! Im guessing a trip to Glide's place would be quite a run then!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Sounds great! But my trails are small potatoes compared to yours.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
Hey Glide, Your only 17 hours away....thats not too bad at all. I just gotta get something to haul my bike over...Maybe Ill have to get a bus after all...:lol:

Rubiranch...which one are ya? some arn't marked.
Yea man it would be a long haul but worth it, Ive been a lot of places but their something about East TN that brings people from all over the world!

The Great Smokey Mtns, Tail of the Dragon (318 curves in 11 miles, is wicked for bikers), Norris Lake (360+ miles of lake shore)

Some of the best Quad trails in the USA.....and the history is just unreal.....all in all its a pretty cool place to live & its a cheap place to live also, which is a BIG plus, one other thing I like about TN is is it close to everything here on the East coast!

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Mine are very small fries compared to what others get. We have the hills area and one private trail system. I get to ride land owners land (very,very private trails). Seems like someone is always looking for a trail system though and it would make it super easy to find one in the area you was looking.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
you can do it with Google Earth, it supports several brands of GPS systems now!

or if you got a cheap laptop and a Cheap GPS antenna it will map it for you.....just be careful not to bust your laptop

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Yea man it would be a long haul but worth it, Ive been a lot of places but their something about East TN that brings people from all over the world!

The Great Smokey Mtns, Tail of the Dragon (318 curves in 11 miles, is wicked for bikers), Norris Lake (360+ miles of lake shore)

Some of the best Quad trails in the USA.....and the history is just unreal.....all in all its a pretty cool place to live & its a cheap place to live also, which is a BIG plus, one other thing I like about TN is is it close to everything here on the East coast!
Its not a long haul at all man! Its a walk in the park for me.:lol: I would like to get my hands on that Tail of the Dragon! I just need to get my Motorbike license.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Its not a long haul at all man! Its a walk in the park for me.:lol: I would like to get my hands on that Tail of the Dragon! I just need to get my Motorbike license.
Direct to TN would take me about the same time as well if it takes 16 to get to Charlotte. I'll do anything that's less than a day after doing about 32-38 hrs back and forth between Houston and NorCal a few times a year. And yes I'd like to hit Tail of the Dragon just because......Hmmmm maybe I need to get a trailer to hold both the quad and sportbike!

·
Administrator
13,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Glide you ever been to Sturgis and rode the needles highway? Just wondering if things compare at all. I'm pretty much married to a business and haven't had the chance to travel much.

·
Premium Member
7,535 Posts
Direct to TN would take me about the same time as well if it takes 16 to get to Charlotte. I'll do anything that's less than a day after doing about 32-38 hrs back and forth between Houston and NorCal a few times a year. And yes I'd like to hit Tail of the Dragon just because......Hmmmm maybe I need to get a trailer to hold both the quad and sportbike!
remember the key numbers here 11 Miles......its not all its cracked up to be , years ago it used to be a blast until every Doctor, lawyer & Indian chief bought a motorcycle, its basically so crowded during peak times for me its not worth getting run over by some person who just spent 25K for a new bike and is now a "real" Hard core biker.......with no experience.

but you can hit it during the week when their all at their day jobs and its fun for a trip maybe 2 but after that its just another rode.....the road that I travel on with the quad to get to the trails is part of what they call the Devils triangle and is a Very nice rode to ride and its not covered up with Green yuppies

Glide you ever been to Sturgis and rode the needles highway? Just wondering if things compare at all. I'm pretty much married to a business and haven't had the chance to travel much.
TD...... and as odd as it sounds ive never cared to go to Sturgis, I dont even like daytona just WAY too many people for me!

I dont like crowds, so large you cant breath never have, ive been but always had more fun in the off seasons! Ive never heard of that road but ill look it up, it sound interesting!

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Glide - that's interesting you're not into crowds. You seem very outgoing I just assumed you were into all the rallies and events a lot of bikers dig. Like you, I only do smaller group rides and never hit the big events.

And I hear you on the "fad" of the road. I have been on awesome rides in Northern California and is about the ONLY thing I miss about that place besides the burritos. LOL.....

So will this map help us get another Hondafest together for Spring 2011?

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
He's in Utah; sometimes I have to refresh the page to show all.
What do you guys think about making a trial map? Same thing but we just post the trails around our area to make them very easy to find. If there is a website it could be added in the description and just a easy click.
I live 800 yards out of Piute County. Piute County is the smallest county in Utah and has over 3500 miles of trails/roads that can be ridden by OHVs.

Some of those miles are county maintained gravel roads. The nice thing is that you can travel these roads to get to the trails you want to ride so doing 100+ miles in a day is really common.

I live in the heart of the Paiute Trail, the largest ATV trail system in North America. It travels through 3 national forests and has over 2000 miles of trails within it's boundaries.

You can ride your ATV from Marysvale UT all the way to Moab UT. It's a 2 day trip so you need to take your sleeping bag and extra gas. I haven't done that trip yet but hope to next year.

I can't remember the last time my ATV was on a trailer.

All the trails I ride are located right here so I don't know if they could be put on a map or not.

My friend has videos of quite a few of the trails out here on his website if you care to check any of them out. We had hoped to add more but this year we just rode for fun. :lol: ATV Television Home Page

41 - 60 of 204 Posts