Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
It would have been neater if Honda made a steering wheel like the old Odyssey/Pilot but at least they are working with them to get something. I have a couple customers that might update from a 4 wheeler if it works out good. I've seen them in use on vehicles but that not used in the rough terrain these machines are.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My father has the hand controls in his vehicle(only has one leg)
and there pretty simple thing to add, the killer is, to PASS a inspection, and they ONLY allow certified places to install the parts, and they sadly RAPE handi cap folks with insane prices for what things are!
I have had 4 different vehicles set up for my father , only two shops LEGALLY allowed to in entire state of PA, and they charge HIGH prices knowing you have NO other option!
I was in sales lounge waiting for last one to get installed, and just WOW The BS they told customers
one guy paid 150K for a mini van, set up, guy was limited on what he could, was in there complaining lights would come on by themselves and brakes would stick while using, and they were telling him, its NORMAL, not to worry about it
Like REALLY< brand new vehicle, brakes stick, lights come on by themselves
I mean poor guy was in a wheel chair NOW< driving with small hand movements, what happens if things get worse and he gets stranded due to some electrical short or worse Fire??

and they didn;t care, sent him on his way, saying DON"T worry about it! ALL new vehicles do this stuff??

SO< I think its nice to see a OEM step up and offer things from the get go, rather than MAKE you go to some shop that will over charge you !!

·
Premium Member
6,231 Posts
My kid's pediatrician was paralyzed from the waist down about 6-7 years ago riding dirt bikes in Tennessee.

He has a RZR with hand controls for throttle and gas, and hasn't let it slow him down too much. He also has a Rincon, but tends to use the RZR much more often.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts