Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a honda rubicon 500 ,2003 ,trx500.And i have a few problems and need some help.First of all ill be driving the quad in d1 or esp it doesnt matter and give it some gas it does nothing.it almost sounds like the gears slipping ,when this happens the rear tires dont spin.the sound is coming from the around the control motor by the gear shift drum or clutch in that general area.but it only does it once in a while mostly when i go to climp something but mostly when im driving slow no problem driving fast.At this time i have to try and catch the gear or whatever it is so it catches so i can drive again.Please help me this problem thank u ...could it be the clutch or low oil.plaese help thank u would it also be a good idea 4 a clutch kit

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
What is the sound ..?.. If the bike is just reving up higher than normal when you nail it then it sounds like the centrifugal clutch is slipping .. If you hear a clicking or ratcheting sound then you'd better get the oil pressure checked ASAP ..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.