Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has had this happen. I bought a new 2019 Honda recon about 1.5 months ago for my 11 year old son. I was preparing to do the first oil change yesterday and I went to start the quad and it idled for a second then cut out. Started it again and as soon as I went to accelerate it would cut out.

Popped the airbox open and found the air filter covered in oil with standing oil in the bottom. Few quick internet searches later I found that this is common in other Honda ATV's and happens when the motor is running and the bike is at an angle or has flipped over and continues to run (which my 11 year old has done). So my question is this something that happens in the Recon too or should I be looking for another cause. And can this be prevented in any way?

I pulled the air filter off an tried to run the quad, and it would idle but cut off as soon as i hit the gas. I'm panning on getting a new air filter, spark plug and fresh oil change. Any suggestions or helpful comments would be appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts