Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "technical" question for you.

These may seem a bit silly but I have not found an answer to this yet.

In the factory tool kit. What is the tool for that resembles a "pickle fork"

Thanks

·
Registered
275 Posts
The older plug removal socket had a hole drilled through it and you could use that odd tool to loosen the spark plug.the newer 500 socket is to be used with the open 14mm wrench in the kit.The pickle fork tool looks like my automotive tool to remove plastic fender,panel clips on cars,but this one doesn't fit the same like the Mac one I use at work???Good question Trugrit!!!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I'll find out in the morning ..

I've never looked inside a TRX500FE/FM/TM tool kit I just guessed they were the same as all the other TRX models ..

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
The tool is called a "Bar B Handle" the part number is: 99005-02000
I looked thru several shop manuals & tech books with no luck .. So I started going back thru the parts models ..same tool same part number for 2005 back to 1988 but it can't be a dart tool because 1988 didn't use darts they used phillips head bolts instead of darts .. I still think it's the tool for the plug wrench and honda left it in the tool kit after changing the plug wrench ..

But I'm still looking & thinking .. There will soon be a service school for the new models and if I don't find out before then I'll have to ask the instructor ..

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow I thought this would be any easy answer, but guess not. Let me know what you turn up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts