Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 06 TRX350 FM with 27"X 12"X 12" Outlaws all around. I used an engine cool additive and I think it is causing my cluch to slip. Please recomend a fix; can I flush & refill? And what is the recomended oil weight & type? If new parts inside are needed please advise what should be replaced, and are you aware of a high performance clutch for this model bike? Thank you in advance.[/b]

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Energy conserving oil/additives will cause the centrifugal clutch to slip .. As long as it didn't slip to much/long then it probably didn't burn the centrifugal clutch drum .. What I'd do it change the oil a couple/several times using cheap 10w30 letting it warm up good between changes ... Then change it using Honda 10w40 , if it does slip Honda says clean up the inside of the drum using ..

============================================
Centrifugal Clutch Outer Cleaning
Procedure
• Scour/clean the inside of the clutch
outer using a Maroon Scotch Guard
Pad or equivalent, or 220 grit wet/dry
sandpaper and parts washer solvent.
Clean parts prior to reassembly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the quick response; Estimated runtime when I noticed the slipping was approx 30 min. I just completed 2 oil changes, the last with about 4-5 oz. of motor flush. I purchased Suzuki 4-Cycle motorcycle oil 10W40 (Honda was not available). I will test it tonight in peanut butter. Hopefully Honda quality will prevail. Thank you again and wish me luck, I will keep you posted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.