Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Honda Foreman 500 2005 model. ... there's been a knock at idle since I bought the bike. Has about 2500 miles on it. Changed the oil thinking it was like a truck I used to have That would knock when oil was getting low... turns out that wasn't it. Changed it a few more times just to be sure and the oil always come out clean with no slude..haven noticed any metal particles either. The knock seems to go away after You give it gas.. had the valve adjusted by a professional shop and the knock is still there. Any help?:huh:

·
Premium Member
13,198 Posts
Is it from the upper side of the motor or the lower? It might just be the centrifugal clutch weights giving a little noise if the idle is a touch fast.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is it from the upper side of the motor or the lower? It might just be the centrifugal clutch weights giving a little noise if the idle is a touch fast.
Well I cranked it up and sort of seems like it is coming from the bottomend. It actually is idling low because I can't seem to dial in the idle since I had it jetted... and this noise has been there both before and after I jetted the bike. If it is a weight like You mentioned is it something to worry about and if so how do I fix it. That knocking is annoying at idle. ..lol

·
Registered
588 Posts
any unusual noise in a engine is something to worry about lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts