Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I just bought a 2003 Honda ForemanES 450 and this was the top of the head, has new cylinder and piston. Was wondering if anyone knows if this is normal wear and tear, or if this head is trashed and can’t be used anymore?

Also anyone know if a place I can find a new head with the valves on it if this one is no good?

·
Registered
1998 Honda Foreman 450 4x4
3 Posts
Assuming that the metal deformation around the edge of the combustion chamber is what you are talking about. It can still be fixed. Seems like a rock or something fell into the chamber, is this why you have a new piston and barrel? I would be more concerned about the intake valve as it looks like the seat has completely worn out. Also not a big issue either. On a positive note, it looks like it the damage did not extend into the head gasket seating area. So if it ran before, you have a slim chance when you put it back together as it, it might run.. My advice is to take the head to one of those independent dirt bike dealers, not a main dealership. They usually know of a reputable shop that can handle this kind of work. You might be able to get the machine shop to clean up that surface and make it perfectly smooth. But if you are looking for a new head, ebay or amazon.. unless you do like a big online parts house like the partzilla..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts