Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone! Iv recently bought my first quad but I have a problem that I cant seem to figure out. Ill start of with details. I have wat I think is a 2004 Honda Foreman es 450cc

The quad is in great condition it's hardly been used since iv owned it but for some reason while I'm riding the bike will start making a hissing sound in the front and the exaust will stop making noise. While this is happening it will bog down and loose power and sometimes even slow to a stall. Sometimes if I let off the throttle while this is happening it will start running fine again for a short time. The hissing in the front sounds like someone put their hand over the air intake and the exaust literally goes silent like it was plugged. The first thing I thought was exaust valve problem but I haven't got a clue really I have made sure that all the fuel is flowing fine up to the carb. I took the bike to a mechanic and had him give it a carb clean and cleaned the air filter and new spark plug so all that should be good. It really seems like something is plugging up the exhaust when it boggs down. And it mainly happens when in high revs so if anyone has any idea of what it could be or what I can check next it would be much appreciated as I'm hopeless with 4strokes.. thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts