Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!
I’ve got my 2006 Honda foreman 500 ES that won’t start. It’s got a brand new battery from July and I just replaced the spark plug thinking that it would help, so that is new as well. I’m not very good with this kind of thing so any help as to why it might not be starting would be greatly appreciated! I’ve attached a link to a video trying to start the quad. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey man, Im just getting into powersport rebuild, but have extensive knowledge in automotive. Sounds to me like a spark issue, id take the plug out leave it in the coil and try turning it over. If you see spark, you know youre good there (ps. It might give you a small shock). If that checks out try pushing the throttle a bit while cranking it. If no luck there check to make sure you have fuel to the carb.

·
Registered
86 Posts
How long has it been since it has been run? Gas goes stale (especially ethanol gas) fastest in small quantities when exposed to air.

You might turn off the fuel, put a pan under the drain hose, and take a screw driver and loosen the drain screw at the bottom of the carburetor bowl. A bit of gas should drain out the overflow, and the flow should stop once the float bowl is empty.

Before you tighten the screw, turn the fuel valve on briefly. Fuel should flow out the drain. Close the drain screw.

Safely dispose of the gas, and see if it starts.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts