Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last tread has seem to been deleted. But I have a honda Forman 450es with a strange rattle which seems to be coming from the head and only on the down stroke of the engine when idling down on the throttle. I have replaced cam chain and tensioner the guides were in good shape so didn’t need to change them hav also re seated a new exhaust valve and re steated my inlet valve which were like brand new. Valves are set to 0.006 and can’t seem to figure out why this noise is in the head it seems to be!? Would appreciate your help on suggestions on what could be wrong wit the head??

·
Registered
50 Posts
Does it smoke at all, i rebuilt mine as it was smoking a fair amount. But the guy that bored it out said it was really egg shaped which can cause piston slap. Mine I'm was due to it taking on water after it was good and hot one day. He had to bore it twice over to get the oval out of the cylinder. Your my be different but that's what i would check.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I have zero smoke the bike runs perfect only for this rattle. I had the jug off before and there isn’t a scratch on it if the piston skirt it’s like brand new in there!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts