Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving my honda foreman 400 it started smoking melted the whole main harness what could cause this new guy here thanks in advance

·
Registered
54 Posts
You’ll have to trace the harness and check where it melted. Could be a short and caused a wire to get to hot in the harness. Could be a mouse chewed on wires causing it the touch metal and short out. Start tracing and see what you find.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes i thought about a short but i dont think it is because pretty much every wire is melted to a crisp even my solenoid wires are melted to a crisp

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would you recommend just installing the new harness because i cant find anything wrong ??

·
Registered
2 Posts
yes i thought about a short but i dont think it is because pretty much every wire is melted to a crisp even my solenoid wires are melted to a crisp
It sure sounds to me like the whole harness needs to be replaced. But you would need to find out what caused the first meltdown.
I have done this on a motorcycle. It was only one wire that got pinched under the seat but it ran through a bundle of wires and it melted several other wires in the bundle along with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It sure sounds to me like the whole harness needs to be replaced. But you would need to find out what caused the first meltdown.
I have done this on a motorcycle. It was only one wire that got pinched under the seat but it ran through a bundle of wires and it melted several other wires in the bundle along with it.
i tried to trace the wires to see which one it was but there melted so bad could it be the regulater rectifier

1 - 6 of 6 Posts