Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, after my searching about the problem with my Honda TRX500FA 2015, I saw one post here and it looks like my problem 1:1.
Please if somebody have any idea what it could be write here or in private message.

"fuffs

·Registered
Joined Sep 27, 2020
·
1 Posts
#5 · Sep 27, 2020

I have a 2013 Rancher 420 AT and it sounds like I have the same or similar problem. Did you find a fix? I will give a short history on what may or may not have contributed to my problem...My oil drain threads stripped out of the crankcase casting and there wasn't enough material to tap it out to a larger size. I drilled out the remaining threads with a 1/2" drill bit covered with bearing grease to pick up as much cuttings as possible. Then I flushed out the crankcase with the old oil. I used an expandable plug in the drain hole and put new oil and filter on it. I went for a long ride (about 60 miles) with no oil leaks. Everything was working fine until I lost all drive. The motor runs fine and it goes through the gears in ESP and AUTO, but will not drive the wheels. I've tried it in 4x4 and 2x4 and in every gear while jacked up. Does anyone have any ideas?"

1 - 1 of 1 Posts