Honda Foreman Forums banner

Honda ATV South Carolina Plant Tour Article - LONG

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  IDigem1 
#1 ·
I haven't seen this article yet, it is a very interesting read. I knew the ATVs were assembled in SC, but I never knew they made almost all of the parts there too. Even the frames, engines, body work and wheels!!

Here is the direct link: <a href="http://www.atvillustrated.com/?q=node/729" target="_blank">http://www.atvillustrated.com/?q=node/729</a>

I found it hard to read with the dark background so I am pasting it below.

09/17/2007

By Jeff Henson of ATV Illustrated Magazine

Honda-- American made

"Yeah, but it isn’t a Honda.â€

#3 ·
i think that is all amazing and awesome but the coolest thing was seeing how they make the aluminum wheels

from a tube of aluminum it rolls a bed and makes a hump then the 2 halves are then pressed together and then fused to make it 1 piece or a wheel

that is awesome sounding

#4 ·
QUOTE ("C1iffburton":3gz0chu1)
i think that is all amazing and awesome but the coolest thing was seeing how they make the aluminum wheels

from a tube of aluminum it rolls a bed and makes a hump then the 2 halves are then pressed together and then fused to make it 1 piece or a wheel

that is awesome sounding
I agree, spin welding is very cool!! Everytime you pick up an insulated plastic cup or any 2 peice plastic part they are either spin welded or sonic welded. But, you haven't seen anything until you see Explosion Welding, now thats really cool!

BTW, I talked with the person in charge of Tours at the plant today and they are going to set up a private tour for me, my wife, my brother and sister-in-law!

He said they had been doing a public tour every Wed, but that was stopped recently because they are now building all the "newer models".

The plant is only about 3.5 hours from me, I can't wait!

#5 ·
lucky basterd(not really a basterd but there is nothing else that fits there)

#7 ·
Impressed again ...............nice... no, great POST thanks Dave I think most of the " magic" comes from Honda owners .... "who know" !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.