Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 94 300 4X4. it is restored cosmetically and mechanically. It looks and runs almost brand new. See pics in my signature. I have access to a 99 Foreman 400. It is in good mechanical condition, but looks a bit rough. nothing major but racks and rims have some rust, it needs a muffler, and the seat could use a recovering. The instrument pod works well. The guy likes the way mine looks and has metioned an even trade. I have always thought I would like to have a Foreman 400. I do a little farming, and have yet to run into anything I need to pull that my 300 could not handle. My other love is going to the mountains of Eastern Ky and riding. I do far more trail riding than farm work. I do not mud so mudding abilities are not an issue. What is everyones opinions of the 2 machines side by side. Especially if anyone has owned both machines before. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I seen your post on HL site, sorry I didn't respond. They both are great machines. but you know what you have and invested to restore it to its present state. Myself I would keep the 300 and not take a chance with the 400. I have a 450 and a 400, both have been great bikes. I would also like to have a 300 to add to the collection. But I dont see it happening anytime soon. Only you can make that decision.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. Actually I know the history of the 400. It would be a good machine.

I guess I mostly wonder how the 2 would compare with each other doing the type of riding that I do. I primarily trail ride in the mountains.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
i think both are pretty much the same thing besides the fact that the 400 has a speedo and is bigger. if i was you i would bring the 400 home and see what really is wrong with it and if it isnt going to cost too much money i would just go with the 400, but if it is going to cost a good bit i would just keep the 300. they are both tanks and both 4wd so any one of them would be a great bike.
-Aaron

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a 450 and my friend has a 400, love them both, great bikes, but I would keep the 300.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.