Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Are these bikes any good. I'm not familiar with the Rincon. I'm looking at it, real clean for $4k, probably get it cheaper. They say auto or standard transmission. I know I don't want an automatic and the hondamatic had lots of problems so can anybody tell me the the pros and cons. It looks to be in really good shape and only has 200 hours and 1122 miles, 2007 year model. Has windshield and extra seat but I don't need that junk. Also how much wider is it than the foreman 500 and how much faster?

Attachments

·
Registered
704 Posts
i just sold my 2005 Rincon 650 with 300 hours and 2500 miles for $3800, they ride really good with the irs, top speed is over 60 way faster than my Rubicon but they do not have low range. trans is like a automotive 3 speed , it runs in auto or 3 speed push button shift. i have seen Rincon's with way over 20,000 miles and still going strong.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info Harig, I've seen enough of your posts to know that you know what you're talking about.
So for a better understanding, when you say they don't have much low range, do you mean they can't climb too well?
My Foreman has a super low 1st gear, almost too low but that buggar will sure climb and I like it.

·
Registered
704 Posts
they have lots of power just no low range for going really slow, they have plenty of torque to climb with in 1st gear.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
they also do NOT do well when you add large tires, so if you play in mud or want to, this isn;t the atv to get IMO

·
Registered
704 Posts
they definitely do not like tall mud tires, just geared to high...an atv with low range is a must for the soup....and big tires.

·
Premium Member
6,227 Posts
They are extremely complicated to work on, but I've been surprised as how tough my buddy's 06 has been. He sank it 4-5 times over a 3 year period before it started smoking. He tends to ride all the time with the engine bouncing off the rev limiter too.

They are great trail riding machines. Lots of power and a great ride. The 3 speed transmission is geared high so not much low end power, but you can put a Big Red SxS secondary in for about a 20% gear reduction and pull bigger tires. Just requires pulling rear engine cover and replacing a gearset, so not hard to install. I did that to my buddy's while I had the engine out and he can wheelie from a dead stop now just mashing the gas. The GR does take top speed from 60ish+ down to upper 40's-low 50's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts