Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how do you make a homemade snorkel kit??? How long does it take to make???

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
it all depends on how creative you can get. But PVC, Shop vac hose, pool hose, all common for making snorkels. I think its a blast trying to design one.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Here is how I made mine for both bikes, It cost me about $30-$40 to do each.

1ea. 1.5" 45 PVC sch 40
2ea. 1.5" 90 PVC sch 40
3'-4' 1.5' PVC sch 40 pipe
PVC glue and cleaner
1 ea. Radiator hose from Auto Zone Part# 1155, I had to cut about 2" off of the straight end. I also cut the stock snorkel and used to attach the hose to the air box.
1 ea. Vaccum line assortment kit for O-Reily's to reroute the fan,diff's,carb and the brakes. Hooked everything up to one line and ran one vent line to the pod.( only used a couple of pieces from the kit.)
3'-4' of vaccum line, I think it was 1/4"
You will also have to fab up some kind of brace to hold the snorkel to the front rack.

here are the only close pix's I have.
<a href="http://www.dirty4man.com/images/our%20b" target="_blank">http://www.dirty4man.com/images/our%20b ... 4%20(Small</a>).jpg
<a href="http://www.dirty4man.com/photogallery/t" target="_blank">http://www.dirty4man.com/photogallery/t ... h%20(Small</a>).jpg

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
QUOTE ("Foreman325":27xaz9kz)
I was wondering how do you make a homemade snorkel kit??? How long does it take to make???
Also Look into the HOW-TO forum, there are 2 different home made styles for your 450.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
That is a whole lot better than payin' 300-400 dollars for one. Will
it work just as good? I like the idea of not havin' to cut the plastics. I am gonna have to do this one.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
It was the first design I came up with and I stuck with it. Its has worked great and I have had no problems at all. I think I have a few more pix's at home, I will look this afternoon when I get home from work. The good thing about it is when the spark plug needs to be changed, I just unclamp it from the front rack and set it aside, The hose bends easy and I dont have to remove it from the air box.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Any one tried muffler pipe yet? I was thinking about getting muffler shop to bend me up a custom intake snorkel.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I thought about that for a few minutes, but pvc is jus so easy to work with!

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
QUOTE ("REDDOG":22k90s13)
Any one tried muffler pipe yet? I was thinking about getting muffler shop to bend me up a custom intake snorkel.
You know I never thought of that, that would be a pretty cool snorkel. I bet it would be kind of pricey though unless you knew someone. Make the hole thing out of stainless exhaust, you would never have to worry about it again.

·
Registered
188 Posts
QUOTE ("bnjeep":3g3vzxt2)
QUOTE ("REDDOG":3g3vzxt2)
You know I never thought of that, that would be a pretty cool snorkel. I bet it would be kind of pricey though unless you knew someone. Make the hole thing out of stainless exhaust, you would never have to worry about it again.[/quote]

I was thinking of powder coated to match my wheeler.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I bought mine from ATV TRiangle. www.triangleatv.com

It wen together great no trouble and i haven't had trouble with mine leaking.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
What was your total price from Triangle ATV? If not mistaken,
they were pretty expensive.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
$135 on their site, surely you can make one for that, even if you mess up a few times. THose 450s have a lot of room along side the motor. Unlike the 500s.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd rather spend 135$ and know my motor is getting enough air than having to do trial and error and starving my atv from air. And also i dont have much patience

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE ("outlawedforman500ES":2r95iq4d)
I bought mine from ATV TRiangle. www.triangleatv.com

It wen together great no trouble and i haven't had trouble with mine leaking.
I Think I'll look into that. Thank You

·
Registered
516 Posts
dirty4man, did you have to rejet with this setup?

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
On mine I had to rejet due to the exhaust, but on the wife's foreman I did not rejet, she is still running a stock exhaust. Just some minor adjustments on the air/fuel mixture screw and it was running fine.

·
Registered
257 Posts
If you know alot about bikes and how they handle with mods...you could prob make it yourself.....but if you want it to the precise air and dont want 2 have 2 chance re-jetting i say that u should just buy a kit.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Dirty4man, on the hose you got from autozone was it a M1155 or I think it was a L1155. I went up there today to get one and they didn't have it but they had the two different numbers so I thought I would ask before I hit another store. thanks

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I will look this afternoon when I get off work. I dont remember if it is a M or L

1 - 20 of 40 Posts