Honda Foreman Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I was wanderin' if any of ya'll have these installed on your Foremans. If so, how well do they work & hold up compared to the stock drum brakes. My stock drums are just about gone & I am gonna order the front & rear disk brake conversion kit along with the sealed bearings. Have a good'n.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I have the HL disc brakes on my Foreman. So far so good. They were cheaper then totally repairing the stock drums, they were completly shot. Only complaint I have so far with the HL discs is, the pads seem to wear mega fast, and occasionally I can hear the pads ratteling against the rotor. But they perform well!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the HL disk brakes up front. They worked very well for about 2 months, but I have to replace the pads now. I'd still recommend them over drum brakes any day.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys. ksims1868, do you know where Turner Cycles is in Humble? He makes brass pads for the HL disk brake kit. They last a whole lot longer. I think I've seen you out at Mel's in Crosby a time or ten. You can't miss us. We have two yellow Foremans. I usually am carrying our son in front of me & my wife carries our daughter with her. Anyway, if you want longer service from your brake pads, give him a call. Have a good'n.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Funny you mentioned it...because the guy I bought this Foreman from actually WORKS at Turner Cycles in Humble. At least I think he said he worked at Turner Cycles...could be wrong.

His name is Mark Leising, or something like that. He's building a Suzuki King Quad now. I go out to Mel's pretty often so you probably have seen me.

I was just talking to Mark at Turner Cycles yesterday. I do need to get some brake pads for them this week.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
I am very interested in these pads...how much are they? and how can I get some here in FL? The stock pads lasted a month, and I need to replace these things.

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robb,

I think his web site is www.turnercycles.com You might try that. I think the brass pads are around $60.00 for the complete front, but I could be wrong. You can try e-mailing him & find out. Later

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hey rich you ever looked at that site !!!

·
Registered
973 Posts
I have the HL disc brakes on my Foreman. So far so good. They were cheaper then totally repairing the stock drums, they were completly shot. Only complaint I have so far with the HL discs is, the pads seem to wear mega fast, and occasionally I can hear the pads ratteling against the rotor. But they perform well!!
Doesnt the 2005 foreman have disk brakes stock?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts