Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who knows anything about this contraption, price is right, 45 bucks, but does it work.
The High Lifter Spool Locker is an ATV Locker that converts a limited-slip differential to full locked true 4-wheel drive where all four tires deliver full power and unbelievable traction all the time! With a traditional limited-slip differential, frequently only three tires pull.

Installation of the ATV Locker is comparable to the installation of a new clutch pack in the front differential and requires no welding, cutting, or other permanent modification of existing parts on your ATV. The kit includes complete instructions.

Steering in mud or loose dirt is not greatly affected by this product, particularly at speeds over 10 to 15 m.p.h. At extremely low speeds (in low gear, for example), on a full lock turn on concrete or hard surfaces, more effort is required to turn the ATV.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Oh yeah...It works..but then your front tires are locked together all the time...good arm workout though...I will probably do the same thing one day...You can also trade it in for a DGL later.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
No more 2wd burnouts in the mud

DGL is the way to go, but your not in enough mud or rock crawling to justify it. Definately don't need it for waterwheelies.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If your bike has in and out 4wd you you can still go into 2wd. It locks the the front diff so when you have your bike in 4wd its in 4wd not 3wd. I just got mine in the other day if it works good I'm going to start making them.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
Some people that i know that have had them say it is real
hard to steer. It does lock'm up. When you switch back to
2wd, the front wheels stay locked together. It is still hard to
turn in 2wd even though the rear wheels are the only ones
pullin'.

·
Registered
548 Posts
The spool makesw it hard to turn whether you are in 2wd or 4wd, as the front tires are always locked toghether as Railroader said. You can also just buy an $.80 flat washer that will do the same thing. If you go to the highlifter web site and pm gotmuddy he can tell you about it more as this is what he has done to his.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think I will stay away, I dont even like the way mine rides in 4WD, so I can only imagine this being worse.

·
Premium Member
3,440 Posts
I was gonna take the "cheap" way out myself, but it would take away
the fun of pleasure ridin'. Plus all the wear & tear on the axles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts