Honda Foreman Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I was trying to get some type of mod to help. I was trying to put a clutch kit in and was told that they don't make a clutch kit for the Rincon... I then am looking for the gear reduction kit. A friend ( Black Rinny ) has this and loves it. Hello.. Black Rinny..I know your listening.. Talk to us oh mighty Black Rinny god........ Hold on..He will answer.. Hello ?

·
Registered
422 Posts
No I don't have a gear reduction............yet

I have been thinking about it but I have heard that a few have broke and took parts out in the trans. That just sounds like alot of money I don't want to spend, but who know maybe just a bad batch.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Ah Ha... So you were listening. I thought you had it.. Guess not. How is the heating issue going. Did you and Vaughn get er' under control?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Good lck with it.. Let me know if ya need another hand...I got 2 spare ones..

·
Premium Member
1,740 Posts
It was leo that had the gear reduction put out by turner cycles. I can't remember his sn he has not been on here in a while.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Hopefully, someone will pop up and tell us what they think of it " From Experience " so we all will know if we need to piss our money away on it..

·
Registered
142 Posts
QUOTE ("zillad500S":2ba4acpn)
from what ive read,everyone says it dosent make a big diffrence and was a waste of money
It is a difference of night and day.Before I put mine in I could not spin 26" tires(with locker)now I have 28" mudzillas and I cant stop them it was the best mod I ever purchased highly recommended DO ITP.S. I hate turner cycles they take too long for shipping

·
Registered
142 Posts
QUOTE ("stomper":3gsgk69h)
just wait Gorilla Axle will have theres out in not long and you wont have to dig into the motor/tranny
True but they said that it will be like $1400 I will dig in a motor 3 times instead of paying that

·
Registered
422 Posts
QUOTE ("stomper":2fcdhtwc)
just wait Gorilla Axle will have theres out in not long and you wont have to dig into the motor/tranny
I have been hearing this for over a year now. They always say its coming out soon. I would like to know what they think the meaning of soon is.

·
Registered
105 Posts
well i guess its personal opinion but, i think after blowing a tranny itll cost as much to fix as a one time ordeal for out-of-motor mods. id much rather not touch the motor/trannny, except for maybe a clutch kit

·
Registered
743 Posts
I do have the gear reduction... I can tell you a few things about them..

1st.. It does help turn large tires better.. But I never had a real problem turning 28 EDLs on the rincon anyway.

2nd.. It does not make the bike any faster out of the hole. A non geared rincon will still outrun a geared rincon.

3rd. In auto mode the trans does get confused with the reduction and tends to hunt for the correct gear.. Now that is just in Auto mode.. In ESP it shifts when you want it too. Speedo is off some also.

4th I have seen one of the gears explode, taking out pretty much everything. When the gear went to pieces, the metal pumped all through the motor thus ruining everything in its path.. Other people that I know have not had any problems out of them.. I have hear of newer rincons (680's) with gorilla lift,pipe, tuner and reduction spinning 20.5 laws.. I haven't seen this but have heard of it..

Now the big question.. Would I do it again.. Sorry but the answer is no. For the money to buy this product, the VERY time consuming install (You basically have to back half the bike.), The unknown longterm durability, And still only being able to turn a 28. Definetly not worth it.. As for Gorilla. Their reduction is going to be great.. No going into the trans or motor.. You could leave the bike completely stock and turn 29.5's. They have run into some troubles along the way but it is in testing.. I will get to see it in action this weekend as Gorilla will be running it at boggin in the dirty south in MS this coming weekend.

Hope this helps. I hope I didn't offend anyone by this post.. These are things that I have found by my experiances and a few others that I know and ride with.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what is gorilla making

QUOTE ("raveer2000":haw6au1h)
I do have the gear reduction... I can tell you a few things about them..

1st.. It does help turn large tires better.. But I never had a real problem turning 28 EDLs on the rincon anyway.

2nd.. It does not make the bike any faster out of the hole. A non geared rincon will still outrun a geared rincon.

3rd. In auto mode the trans does get confused with the reduction and tends to hunt for the correct gear.. Now that is just in Auto mode.. In ESP it shifts when you want it too. Speedo is off some also.

4th I have seen one of the gears explode, taking out pretty much everything. When the gear went to pieces, the metal pumped all through the motor thus ruining everything in its path.. Other people that I know have not had any problems out of them.. I have hear of newer rincons (680's) with gorilla lift,pipe, tuner and reduction spinning 20.5 laws.. I haven't seen this but have heard of it..

Now the big question.. Would I do it again.. Sorry but the answer is no. For the money to buy this product, the VERY time consuming install (You basically have to back half the bike.), The unknown longterm durability, And still only being able to turn a 28. Definetly not worth it.. As for Gorilla. Their reduction is going to be great.. No going into the trans or motor.. You could leave the bike completely stock and turn 29.5's. They have run into some troubles along the way but it is in testing.. I will get to see it in action this weekend as Gorilla will be running it at boggin in the dirty south in MS this coming weekend.

Hope this helps. I hope I didn't offend anyone by this post.. These are things that I have found by my experiances and a few others that I know and ride with.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
He aleady said that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.